PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Experience at Fishermans

WHT.RUS
04-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Bought a rod in 2011, and used it few times. Couple weeks ago, noticed the plastic ring in the top guide was missing. Called up Fishermans and they said they will ship it out for warranty as it has 5-7 year warranty. I bring in the rod today, and they tell me they will replace the tip as it will only cost 3.50 for tip + 2.50 for labor instead of paying $15 to ship it. Sounds great, one of the guys puts it on, I go buy few things, pay for everything and go to my car. Open the trunk, slide in the rod through the ski hole in my G (Tip First) close the trunk and get in my car. Texted a friend that I'm ready to go fishing and il pick him at 6, turn to the right to take a look at the tip, and notice a 2 inch curve. Thought it was glue, so take a look again, and its split in half. I grab the rod, head in and tell them the top is broken. The guy says, what did you do? Crush it? I tell him, go look at the cameras, and see how I put my rod in the car. If any crushing was done, wasn't by me. He swears that he didn't see it even though its an inch below the tip. Looked like he got nervous as he started mumbling something like it wasn't broken etc. I'm guessing the first time he heat it up, the tip didn't budge when he tried pulling it off. So when he twisted with pliers, he split it. Anyways... 8 weeks to wait for it to be replaced and gotta pay $15... The whole ordeal was awkward, and I didn't like how he implied I broke it within 1 minute of leaving the store...

Thats my little rant! Much better..

CAL.NDN
04-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Wow thats heavy. Pretty messed up.

Steamer47
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
So, he gave it back to you like that? Hoping you wouldn't notice it??

And you didn't notice it???

Line Stretcher
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Well that suxx... If you would have brought it by I would have fixed it in a couple of minutes. I carry an assortment of tip-tops a glue gun, green scotch brite, razor blade and a lighter in a little plano box just for such occasions.

Changing out a tip-top is no sweat usually. He must have not noticed the wrap. Yes, I'm being overly kind.

WHT.RUS
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I was shopping while he did his thing as I don't like when people breathe down my neck, so I don't want to do the same to them. I noticed it in the car as the top of the rod was above my arm rest. He said it looks like its been crushed, well how did it crush while going into my trunk? If it brought it in broken, wouldn't he notice it while changing the tip an inch above it?

WHT.RUS
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Next time I'm bringing it to your pg!