PDA

View Full Version : Like Minnow Reward - Earn some cash!!

WHT.RUS
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
For those who fish the Northern Waters, cheers..!

2013 Northern Pikeminnow Sport Reward Fishery (http://www.pikeminnow.org/)

BIG_ONE
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Ehh...it's not in CA. Sucks.

WHT.RUS
04-17-2013, 10:15 PM

LOL, ofcourse not. California is too broke to do such a thing.

Eh, edit won't change "like" to pike . Bad typo!

IronClad
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM

No kidding huh ! we'd all be rich if it was here LOL

BIG_ONE
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
LOL, ofcourse not. California is too broke to do such a thing.

It got me excited until I look at the regulations and didn't see CA listed on there. I was about to take a few months off from work and camp out there catching all those Pikeminnows. Darn...

WHT.RUS
04-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Sorry for getting your hopes up! Thought sniffer was for Oregonians as stated on about us page!

BIG_ONE
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Sorry for getting your hopes up! Thought sniffer was for Oregonians as stated on about us page!

Majority of the members are from CA...northern CA to be exact. With reports from mostly Central Valley to Northern CA. Anyone notice that? LOL.

dsa2780
04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
A few guys fish the Chetco or Umpqua but they mainly stick to the Salmon or Steelie boards during winter and fall.

I read somewhere that a few Russian guys in Oregon made near $5,000 doing this a few years back.

Eh, big stripers seem to keep the pikeminnow population at bay in the Sacramento area.

Just a few weeks ago I was fishing for stripers and this dazed 14" pikeminnow came directly to my shadow in the shallow water. His scales were all stripped off and were kind of floating around. I just knew a big striper was waiting to finish him off.

They're fun to catch but I don't think they're as big of a problem to the Salmonids as they are in the North.

Marv
04-18-2013, 08:08 AM
I can't seem to find it, but there is a page listing the top earners. If I'm not mistaken the top earner is a Russian guy who made $45,000. My wife would never complain about my fishing if I brought a big fat check home :)

johnyee1
04-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I read somewhere that a few Russian guys in Oregon made near $5,000 doing this a few years back.

You are missing a figure. It was a family of them I think. They had same last names and each one was $50k+ for 5 months or so of bounty.

BIG_ONE
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
All those $$$...a brand new boat + a brand new truck to tow the boat with + crap load of gears + crap load of fishing trips + maybe buy me a new house.

WHT.RUS
04-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Lets all move to Oregon and WA :excited: We will get some fat checks and everyone will own a boat:yahoo:

dsa2780
04-19-2013, 11:20 PM
-Move to OR And WA
-Drop $500 on chicken livers.
-$200 on 3oz sinkers
-$100 on circle hooks

You get what I mean, it'll pay itself off eventually, right? :D

Owlman2
04-20-2013, 04:17 AM
I was fishing the upper American recently and ran into a guy who was hiking the area and wanted to talk. He was describing this fish (Squawfish/Pikeminnow) that was infesting the river and was an "invasive species". He said it was destroying the populations of Browns, Rainbows, and Smallmouth Bass. I had to mention to him that of the four species he listed, the Squawfish was the only one that was actually native and not an "invasive species". The three "desirable" fish he mentioned were all actually imports (with the possible exception of the rainbow). He looked at me like I was crazy and moved on.....

I hate it as much as the next guy when I think I have a large trout on, only to learn it is a Squawfish. But I think it is funny how over time reality is defined by our preferences.