PDA

View Full Version : new FC line from Sunline

stefanoflo
04-17-2013, 11:17 PM
has anyone used Sunline`s Reaction FC
like to get a feedback if you have

Line Stretcher
04-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Respnded in your other post. No, I'm not all that impressed.

Marv
04-18-2013, 08:26 AM
It works, to expensive for me. Not any better than some of the cheaper stuff. I can't see spending half the cost of my reel on a couple hundred yards of line. Berkeley Vanish is good enough for me, I fished the 2lb. for a while and landed river trout up to 5lbs. on it. The first batch of Vanish Berkeley released was garbage, the new version that is out works perfect. I load my whole spool with it and it doesn't have memory, it doesn't fall off the spool like some people claim. Good luck with your choice of line.

stefanoflo
04-18-2013, 10:30 AM
It works, to expensive for me. Not any better than some of the cheaper stuff. I can't see spending half the cost of my reel on a couple hundred yards of line. Berkeley Vanish is good enough for me, I fished the 2lb. for a while and landed river trout up to 5lbs. on it. The first batch of Vanish Berkeley released was garbage, the new version that is out works perfect. I load my whole spool with it and it doesn't have memory, it doesn't fall off the spool like some people claim. Good luck with your choice of line.

after further research . Maxima FC and maybe Seaguar InvisX
anyone have any thoughts .
Im sure Im not going tio use the Mist green Floroclear. I guess i will have it collect dust.

FresnoJack
04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I have had problems with old and new Vanish falling or 'spooling' off.

I found that if I fill the spool less than I would with mono or or types of line, the problem goes away.

I leave about a quarter inch from the rim of the spool.

Adjust by removing line until the problem disappears.

I hear you on the cost issues. I was using Rio brand fluro to tie leaders. Rio is the original, or one of the original fluros, and was developed for fly fishing. Cost was about $14.00 for a 30 FOOT spool. About what you pay for a 150 YARD spool of Vanish

Marv
04-18-2013, 03:24 PM
I have had problems with old and new Vanish falling or 'spooling' off.

I found that if I fill the spool less than I would with mono or or types of line, the problem goes away.

I leave about a quarter inch from the rim of the spool.

Adjust by removing line until the problem disappears.

I hear you on the cost issues. I was using Rio brand fluro to tie leaders. Rio is the original, or one of the original fluros, and was developed for fly fishing. Cost was about $14.00 for a 30 FOOT spool. About what you pay for a 150 YARD spool of Vanish

Mono or fc I don't fully fill the spools, cuts down on loops in the line that get buried in the spool. For flouro a fishin fool knot is a great knot, one of the strongest too. I buy my Vanish at Wally World for $7 something for a 110 filler so 150 yds. is probably $9 or $10.

As of lately I have been using 5lb. Maxima flouroclear, but mine is clear color or whater they label it as. At first I wasn't impressed, but I have to admit I kinda like it now. So just try some of that or the vanish and use the money you save on a 12 pack :)

Line Stretcher
04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
after further research . Maxima FC and maybe Seaguar InvisX
anyone have any thoughts .
Im sure Im not going tio use the Mist green Floroclear. I guess i will have it collect dust.

Isn't Seaguar made by Sunline too? I use their FC leader material and I like it.