PDA

View Full Version : Overthinking

Big Game
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Guys, just an observation....some of these threads....like Golfers having the "perfect" golf ball - when you are a 18 Handicap - as long as the ball is white and round - just hit it - get over it.....maybe work on your swing a bit on the driving range instead of which friggin ball you use....

the same with line - I can count on one finger the fish I have lost due to the "type" of line I have used....thinking back .....knots.....age of the line - sun exposure.....probably the biggest contributor to lost fish. As long as your DRAG is set properly for the situation - and you know how to PLAY a fish you should be fine.....

My line of choice - Berkeley Trilene and Stren. The Only time I have deviated is for Tuna with Fluorocarbon as it seems to be more invisible.....just MY thoughts...

Tight Lines.... BG

CAL.NDN
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Yep im a trilene or andys guy hell even omiflex now great stuff. You aint gona see me come out the pocket big time switching from cheap good old stuff that i been catching for 40 years now with. But hey to each there own.they got the money and wana spend it and believe there gona catch more fish or some will swear they do so be.

Big Game
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
CAL,

I have never seen - and have always been amazed with HOW Fishing line is Made. Think about it......everything is riding on that line NOT snapping when you do get that "TUG". Pretty Small room for error - I would like to see that sometime on "How it's Made"

BG

hooks
04-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Yep. When I was a kid, we used to catch catfish out of the canal behind my friends house using a willow stick with kite string (yes, they had kite string when I was a kid)tied onto one end and tie on an open safety pin and put a worm on it that we dug up. Great fun. Who knew??

But I do get caught up in it now.

CAL.NDN
04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Yea me either come to think.of it and i always watch how it was made or science channel. Well all i know is a good lose drag has saved me plenty times.

hooks
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Yep. When I was a kid, we used to catch catfish out of the canal behind my friends house using a willow stick with kite string (yes, they had kite string when I was a kid)tied onto one end and tie on an open safety pin and put a worm on it that we dug up. Great fun. Who knew??

But I do get caught up in it now.

And the safety pin is barbless!! LOL

CAL.NDN
04-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Truth be told i have never used expensive line so cant say that it does or doesn't work any better but i know i can sure catch enough fish with the old school cheap line to not worrie and when i do need to change line it wont break the bank because i got what works for me and always has the good old so called cheap stuff :)

Big Game
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Hooks, One of My Graphic Design Instructors at SJSU used to say.... Simplify...... Simplify....
Nothin' wrong with that.....

BG