PDA

View Full Version : Amador Report 4/18- I knew I called in sick for a reason

ChrissyP.
04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Jeremy (jfitalia) has finally allowed me to invade man land and join his forum (kind of like how I allowed him to buy his boat). Anyway, why not pop my cherry with a post about Amador!

I was feeling the itch to go to Amador after Jeremy told me about his supposed honey hole he found last week, so I got the day off work and off we went. After I *****ed and moaned about how early it was (like any good fishing girlfriend does), we were motoring to his spot. Lets just say his spot wasn’t too secret anymore since the guys that “let” us launch before them got there shortly after we did. Im convinved Jeremy pretended to almost land two fish since I was getting bored FAST. Needless to say after watching Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb land two decent sized ones we decided to go somewhere else.

We stopped where some downed trees were, so Jeremy could try to throw out some jigs for some crappie, and he landed one almost immediately. Judging by his reaction it was a pretty good size…a little over 14”, I have no frame of reference having never gone crappie fishing (flash back to catching 70-80lb Dorado in Costa Rica-judging by the guides reaction I gathered it was a large fish).

We ended up trolling some Rapalas at first (Jeremy loves my inane ability to pick Rapalas to use judging by how pretty the colors are…hello pink Rapala!!!), and I caught one pretty soon after but couldn’t get it in the boat. Jeremy caught the next one, and I was starting to feel little better after his honey hole experience. The flashers and crawler weren’t successful, so I decided to change up the colors a little and that’s when I went off! I like to think that I picked the right color, but admittingly Jeremy picked it. All were good size around 2.5-3 lb range, and it seemed like everyone trolling had a stringer in the water. I couldn’t speak for the guys on the bank, they didn’t seem to do that well. One guide next to us limited out several hours before we left, and it was nice to not have a lot of boats on the water. We switched to grubs cause it looked like that’s what he was using, and didn’t catch much after that.

We ended up trolling for several hours total before my arm got tired of putting on the Chrissy Fishing Clinic…yeah I think I officially school Jeremy on size and quantity! I think the end result was Chrissy: 6ish Jeremy: 2. At one point, even the hawks and bald eagle caught more fish then him! (Sorry babe) Pics to come soon

Jfitalia
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
whoa whoa whoa! Don don't we have a rule about making false reports!? LOL
crap Don you guys will let anyone be a member now! :action-smiley-034:

actually her report is pretty on target. we boated the 8 and lost 4 more. the fish are scattered from 6ft to around 20. oh and yes i only landed the 2 fish and Chrissy put on a clinic :worthy:
that was fine with me since the more fish she catches the more i get to go! :party-smiley-048:

ok ok here are the pics

CAL.NDN
04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Lmao!!!!! Welcome miss jfit aka chrissy. Great report. Good job out there.

CRABBY
04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Welcome young lady,I have to say your 1st post is better than anything J has ever done!!!!Nice to get the truth for once!LOL....Don

49erbassman
04-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Wow great report and first post!! It must be something about fishermen and good looking women....at least that's what I tell people when they ask about my wife haha lol

Your in trouble now J no where to hide and no fish stories lmao

Welcome to the boards Chrissy!

Fish on!

CAL.NDN
04-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Beautiful fish jfit!!!!! Love that crappie to nice size there buddy. Man your definitely way more nice than me letting her enter your man land. :)

CRABBY
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
whoa whoa whoa! Don don't we have a rule about making false reports!? LOL
crap Don you guys will let anyone be a member now! :action-smiley-034:

actually her report is pretty on target. we boated the 8 and lost 4 more. the fish are scattered from 6ft to around 20. oh and yes i only landed the 2 fish and Chrissy put on a clinic :worthy:
that was fine with me since the more fish she catches the more i get to go! :party-smiley-048:

ok ok here are the picsOdd how she bypassed me Mr.J,but at least we will get the WHOLE story now,LOL...Nice fish by the way!!!She's a Winner!!!:worthy:....Don

ChrissyP.
04-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Notice Pic #4...the two handed action...my arm was getting tired :p.

And yes Jer after the Rancho Seco derby I was pretty close to swearing off fishing for a while. The fishing gods are on your side! Time to get more tackle (my own stuff this time). This might cost me a pretty penny...oh wait (hah)....free tackle here I come!

Now if only I can get that many on the kayak!

PapaGreg
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Cpfanner,welcome to the boards, great job!

J-fit, man, that is a good size crappie, congrats!

Jfitalia
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Cpfanner,welcome to the boards, great job!

J-fit, man, that is a good size crappie, congrats!

thank you sir!

Marv
04-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Dude, that is a dinner plate sized slab, fricken sweet. You guys make a great team, good job......

49erbassman
04-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Damn I missed the slab earlier that's a beast!!!

Fish on!

Jfitalia
04-19-2013, 03:26 PM
We forgot to mention all fish (even the crappie) were all released.

CAL.NDN
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Wtf J YOU COULD DROPPED THAT SLAB OFF AT MY DOOR STEP :) hell i have some smoked steel in a seal a meal i would gave ya lol.

redneckpunk
04-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I always suspected there was a lot more to Jeremy's reports than we read. Now we know who the real fisherperson is. Great job Chrissy and welcome to the boards. Always nice to see I'm not the only one getting "schooled" by the g/f when fishing. I'm just glad mine hasnt posted anything since joining. LOL!!

~RNP

Jfitalia
04-20-2013, 08:16 AM
I always suspected there was a lot more to Jeremy's reports than we read. Now we know who the real fisherperson is. Great job Chrissy and welcome to the boards. Always nice to see I'm not the only one getting "schooled" by the g/f when fishing. I'm just glad mine hasnt posted anything since joining. LOL!!

~RNP

Yeah her write ups are a lot better than mine! I will tell you what I would much rather have her catch all the fish every time we go out. For me it's very rewarding to put people on my boat on fish especially her. However is I let her win to much she'll get a big head so I may have to put a beat down on her on our next trip:hitoverhead:

rpwlaw11
04-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Goodness gracious. Just love this report! Ha ha J.

Jfitalia
04-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Goodness gracious. Just love this report! Ha ha J.

ha come on man! You cant just make a random post when my girlfriend finally kicks my butt fishing! HAHAHA

BassAddict
04-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Nice report and an even better write-up. Good job!!

Brutus20
04-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Great 1st post . Looks like a fun day. You kids make a cute couple. For the record my wife been kicking my butt for years at fishing too. Very nice crappie J.
Well Done thanks for posting

...............Brutus...

RideNfish
04-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Yeah her write ups are a lot better than mine! For me it's very rewarding to put people on my boat on fish

Yes Chrissy's are better write ups. LOL Welcome to the forum Chrissy. Please keep J in check.

Oh and Jeremy, since you feel rewarded to put people in your boat on fish, I would be more than happy to give you that rewarding feeling if I catch some fish on your sled. There I go again, amazing myself with my generosity. :naughty:

sportygirl
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM

~RNP

Well Mr. RNP.... If I had anything to report you bet I would!!! That boat done yet???? Since I can't remember the last time we went fishing...but I'm sure I did out fish you. :a-fish:

Jfitalia
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Well Mr. RNP.... If I had anything to report you bet I would!!! That boat done yet???? Since I can't remember the last time we went fishing...but I'm sure I did out fish you. :a-fish:

Ouch! I of xourse LET ChrissyP outfish me. That way it allows me to keep going :grinn:

sportygirl
04-26-2013, 02:07 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAA.... Oh yes... RNP does exactly the same thing!!!!!!

redneckpunk
04-26-2013, 08:14 PM

Actually, the last time was at the barge canal and we both got skunked. And even worse, Derwood, the least knowledgable and most impatient fisherman around outfished us

oldgeezer71
04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Great report and pictures. Fishing with your wife is a great experience. especially when they catch a huge fish or fish like you have pictures of. I'm still hearing the 45# salmon story from my wife (caught at the Barge Hole at the mouth of Battle Creek on the Sac), a few years ago. As a result of that experience, she now loves to fish and will go at the drop of a hat! thanks for sharing.