PDA

View Full Version : Pardee/ amador?

Fishinjib
04-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, my dad took few days off work and wants me to take him fishing/camping. We mostly go to high sierra lakes for trout fishing this time of the year, however, this year he wants to go somewhere closer to home. I have fished and camped Comanche few times but i have never been to Pardee or Amador. Hows is camping out there? I have read enough on these forums to know fishing can be good there.

thanks!
Jib

Jfitalia
04-20-2013, 11:08 AM
If your on shore then I would say Pardee is a much better bet than Amador right now. From what I am seeing from Amador the shore anglers are struggling a bunch.

Have you thought about camping at collins?

BIG_ONE
04-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Amador is very catchable both shore or boat. But if your not very familiar with the lake, its going to be extremely difficult to catch them. I would also suggest Pardee at this moment.

Jfitalia
04-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Amador is very catchable both shore or boat. But if your not very familiar with the lake, its going to be extremely difficult to catch them. I would also suggest Pardee at this moment.

I am sorry but this just isn't true right now at amador. The fish are in the main lake or off points in that are in the 50ft mark. Most of my fish have been coming 7-10ft down in 80-90ft of water. again I seen very few fish caught from shore.

Fishinjib
04-20-2013, 11:55 AM
If your on shore then I would say Pardee is a much better bet than Amador right now. From what I am seeing from Amador the shore anglers are struggling a bunch.

Have you thought about camping at collins?

I have never been to collins. I will on my 12foot aluminum boat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

PapaGreg
04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I was at Amador last week and limited from shore, Big-Antt is right, you have to know the lake. Like J-fit said, the boaters are doing better, but I did see some boats with only a few. Again, they probably weren't familiar with Amador. I can tell you this, if you aren't getting bites, change your bait/lures until you find something the fish are interested in. It seems to me the fish are just nibbling sometimes and they don't hit hard, like they were doing earlier in the year. Having said that, I did have hits that just slammed the bait, so, go figure!

As far as Pardee, I took the grandson there a few weeks back and we only got two from shore, despite the reports that shore fishing was good. The fish are probably moving out of the rec area due to warm water. Wherever you go, have a great time and enjoy.

PapaGreg
04-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Oops, I meant Big-One, not Big-Ant!

Another thing I didn't mention, the fish appear to be bigger than earlier plants. I did see three hook-ups from the shore that ended in broken lines and I lost a nice one to a broken leader. I did see three other shore anglers limit, but they are Amador regulars.

PapaGreg
04-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Fishinjib, the camping facilities at Pardee are far superior to Amador, all sites have a table, fire-ring and water close by, if not at the site. Pardee is much cleaner and has clean showers, the trash is picked-up daily.

Fishinjib
04-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Fishinjib, the camping facilities at Pardee are far superior to Amador, all sites have a table, fire-ring and water close by, if not at the site. Pardee is much cleaner and has clean showers, the trash is picked-up daily.

Thank you good sir! I will be heading out the Pardee in an hr or so.

All,

Thanks for your replies much appreciated.

Sensi Hooks
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I can smoke a limit at Amador quick :costumed-smiley-031, Pardee is more sparse for trout :party:, Camanche is just a place to donate money while eating your packed lunch. :winkfs: Its turning to Bass water.

PapaGreg
04-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Fishinjib, have a good time and let us know how you do.

sensi-hooks, are you fishing from shore or boat? I know regular bankers at Amador are pretty good, but it's taking 6-9 hours for limits. I got 4 fish in 2 hours yesterday, lost as many, then it took me 4 hours to get the last one.

Fishinjib
04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm going after them as we speak. So far no bites. Using green power eggs on one rod and worm on the other rod. Saw a school of mud suckers and some smallmouth bass roll by but no sign of trout yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2