PDA

View Full Version : Question About Stocking

Rugby Lock
04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
OK... I have a question for y'all... When is the best time to go fishing after a plant? I have heard some opinions that you should go right after the plant and some saying the bite won't turn on for a week or two. I am guessing that this has something to do with where the fish being planted are coming from correct? How does one determine where the planted fish are coming from? Thanks for the help.

Marv
04-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Truck trout are best as soon as they hit the water. They are groggy from the fish meds to calm them, and hungry, and dumb too. They will cruise the shore line for or stay in the general planting area for a week or two then there off all over the place.

Plus if the area has quite a bit of fishing pressure after a week or two most of the fish have probably been caught already.

AlbeeFishing
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
If your into the sport of fishing you will wait a while let the fish get spread out. I've seen guys practicly hook them as the truck is dumping them. That's not for me. Its called fishing for a reason...lol To each there own though.

Jetspray
04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I fish with CC (he knows when they plant, ususally up to the minute). You can fish them from the spout when they fall in the river. Just don't do it where not allowed like off the dock or with a net.......Jetspray

Captain Compassion
04-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Depends on where and what is being stocked. Usually fish stocked in a lake are best the second day while river stocked fish are good to go in a couple of hours.

CC

Rugby Lock
04-23-2013, 03:22 AM
I fish with CC (he knows when they plant, ususally up to the minute). You can fish them from the spout when they fall in the river. Just don't do it where not allowed like off the dock or with a net.......Jetspray

Put the net right under the spout... not a bad idea!!

Jetspray
04-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Put the net right under the spout... not a bad idea!!

I've seen someone do that under the 89 bridge last year, what a moron:yikes:
:signs20ae:.........Jetspray

Rugby Lock
04-23-2013, 07:30 AM
I've seen someone do that under the 89 bridge last year, what a moron:yikes:
:signs20ae:.........Jetspray

Probably limit out real fast!!!!