PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Lake next week

Fisheries Advocate
04-23-2013, 05:38 AM
We are heading to Shasta Lake on Saturday for a week on a houseboat on the Pit. Has anyone been trolling for trout and salmon? We generally fish parts of the Pit, Hwy 5 bridge, and Squaw.

thanks for any info... I will post what we find...

tennesseemike
04-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Sent a pm Last week. Let me know if I was on please. In the derby so don't want everyone and their brother seeing my plan.

trollin olin
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
I too will be at the derby, I think the fish are going to be scattered all over the lake because of thee temperature. We will soon find out, its a big lake and plenty of places to fish it.

tennesseemike
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I will be at Antlers campground....same exit as the b*******, but other side of I5. I had the biggest salmon of the first day in 2011. If you want to grab a beer and talk about gameplans...let me know. I have a 17' Arima and gray F250. Come by and chat with my brother and me. I have no issues chatting about what previous guys that were in the money did, just don't want to post for everyone else to poach my game plan. 2011 was the first time I put a boat in that lake and was in the money slot after day 1. Day 2 was tough and I had tooooo many beers and only weighed in 3 fish.
I am headed up friday and may prefish if I get up there in time. Done a lot of research, maybe we can help each other out. My goal is to beat Gary Miralles, it isn't personal, but he has set a bar that I want to get past.

Mark

trollin olin
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM
This will only be my third time on this lake myself, my wife and I are staying at the motel across from B*******. We have a 19' Jetcraft. We are also leaving Auburn on Friday AM, maybe we will bump into each other on the way.

tennesseemike
04-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I'll keep an eye out for ya, and say hi if I see you.

Mark