PDA

View Full Version : berkley report 6-13

FF_MYRL
06-13-2006, 09:19 PM
quick report, caught 4 butts 24#,22#,10#, and 8#. Also went into south bay for shark. none stop action. kept 1 at 5'. I can give more info tomorrow, but for now I am off to bed.

hqly2001
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
quick report, caught 4 butts 24#,22#,10#, and 8#. Also went into south bay for shark. none stop action. kept 1 at 5'. *I can give more info tomorrow, but for now I am off to bed.

nice job!

fbanaria
06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Any pics of your catch? Other boards today reported lots of shakers in the flats. Good you caught keepers. Let us see them please. Thanks!

Brat Popper

keciga1
06-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice job FF. Was it windy out there? If it was when, morning/evening?

FF_MYRL
06-14-2006, 08:53 AM
We (my dad,mom,daughter and I) got to the berkley boat ramp at 0630 yesterday morn. We bought a half scoop of bait (thats alot of bait). and headed out to the end of the old pier. We picked up the 24# fish on the first drift, on the north side of the pier. made another drift on the north and nothing. made our third drift on the south side of the pier and picked up the 22# fish. we repeated the same drfit on the fourth, and picked up the two smaller fish, on that same drift. all fish caught on the minus tiide in 10 feet of water. no other bites or fish on the flats. the current and wind picked up and we dicided to head to the south bay for some sharks, near the oakland airport. we pulled up baited our hooks and it was shark after shark action. we had 4 poles in the water and quickly changed to just one pole. the secret bait was kokane heads with a 9/0 hook through the eyes and a 90# wire leader. don't know if its legal to use the koke heads, but its better than just throwing them away. We only kept one shark and then headed back to the flats for the last of the incoming. we did 2 drifts for one small sand shark and headed in. when we got to the berkley ramp dfg fish conter was there and said we did the best out of everyone he had checked today. dfg guy weighed and measured our fish. the two big ones were 45" and 43" long the small ones were under 30" don't remember the exact size. the shark was right at 5' but he could not get an exact size, because when I cut the tail to bleed it I went to deep.the tail was just hanging on buy the hide on the sharks back.

Over all had a very nice day with the first trip to the bay, in the new boat. I also had never fish sf bay until last week, my wife and I went out on the california dawn, with capt. james. he was great, however, everyone else caught fish on the boat except my wife and I. james made three extra drifts to try and get my wife and I some fish. it did not help. however, I learned were to drift and it paid off yesterday. he also told me were to anchor for the sharks which was the same as what I have read on the boards, near A bouy. My mom took pictures, however, I need to get them from her and then I will post them.

FF_MYRL
06-15-2006, 05:29 AM
I have not been back down to my moms to get the pictures of the fish prior to butchering. however, here is my half of the fish, minus one for fish tacos. my father already took his part.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/IMG_0810a.jpg

Terry2fish
06-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Looks like some good eating there! How were the fish tacos? We love fish tacos! Congratulations on the new boat!

Terry2fish and Bobby2fish