PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cranks, Bass Worms, Jigs, Grubs at WALMART

WHT.RUS
04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
There's a few small shelfs made out of cardboard at walmart selling small cranks, grubs jigs etc by Outdoor Angler. Prices range from 0.96 to 1.49 I believe. You would pay about $4 for the same pack of fuzzy jig tails.

Picked up couple cranks at 0.96 each which I thought was a killer deal. The shelfs are getting emptied out quick...! Just thought some might find it useful info!

Nor*Cal
04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Gonna have to give them a try! Thanks for the tip, brother!

lunkerdown
05-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I bought some white spinnerbaits off that rack for only $2 a pop. I love that section. I went over to the name brands that looked almost identical and they were $5 a pop. Cranks for $2 a piece! $5-$10 in the name brands. They take the fear off of "testing my accuracy" on casts lol

lunkerdown
06-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I bought some white spinnerbaits off that rack for only $2 a pop. I love that section. I went over to the name brands that looked almost identical and they were $5 a pop. Cranks for $2 a piece! $5-$10 in the name brands. They take the fear off of "testing my accuracy" on casts lol

I caught my first crappie of the year on a cheap Rebel square bill crank bait off that rack at the white slough ponds.

Katfish
06-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol went in about two weeks ago and saw that and spent probably forty bucks on 1-2 dollar baits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Keep your eye on those cardboard "end caps" at Wally World as salmon season approaches. Last year they had them with Kwik-Fish at half the price of anywhere else. They were limited on color selection (2-3 patterns only) but I grabbed several of the silver/chart which were successful for me

~RNP

johnyee1
06-16-2013, 06:11 AM

I've used those for a little bit now. They are only good for 1 season sadly. The rubber bands on the skirt are low quality. They melt from just being stored in dark room temperature once they've been used. My other spinnerbaits kept in same box are fine.

49erbassman
06-16-2013, 06:47 AM
I've used those for a little bit now. They are only good for 1 season sadly. The rubber bands on the skirt are low quality. They melt from just being stored in dark room temperature once they've been used. My other spinnerbaits kept in same box are fine.

Rubber bands are cheap as hell. I have some of these that are 3-5 years old. I like to buy different colored skirts any way to mix n match.

Fish on!

ray_easley
06-25-2013, 10:40 AM
keep your eye open at different wal-marts, because they have promotional strike king spinnerbaits listed on their website as being available in-store only. None at my local stores but I was able to find some strike king baits on clearance for $3.

Cali Duck
06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Awesome! I need to venture through all the wally world trash and get me some salmon and bass tackle!

BeefCakeScout
06-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Keep your eye on those cardboard "end caps" at Wally World as salmon season approaches. Last year they had them with Kwik-Fish at half the price of anywhere else. They were limited on color selection (2-3 patterns only) but I grabbed several of the silver/chart which were successful for me

~RNP
Not to mention, I haven't found a lure yet that i couldn't paint .

Once I find a skirt pattern I like, I tie it on with fly tying thread. Not only does is last longer than the skirt, but when you pull it tight its stands the strands up, creating a more natural profile.