PDA

View Full Version : sharing...fishing trip to south east asia

William DFC
05-01-2013, 09:40 PM
just sharing, fishing trip to southeast asia

pretty tired but so satisfied with the result.....

Biggest fish i caught is Giant Trevally weight 40 lbs, with casting yozuri tobimaru lure,shimano ultegra light rod , spinning reel Penn Fierce 4000 + power pro 20 lbs braidline (fight duration over 90 mins)....

shasta_steve
05-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Congratulations that looks like lots of fun. About 5 years ago I was in Southern Cambodia and decided to take off on my own for a couple of days. I went fishing one day and had a blast. I did not catch anything that size but lots of interesting fish. At the end of the trip we went back to the bar and they cooked them for us. Also I have caught lots of snakeheads. You fish them a lot like bass here with a weedless frog.

William DFC
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
yeah a lot of fun steve,
beside its really cheap, me and my friends are really enjoy it...catch the fish and fried or steam with tomyum soup, it feel so good...the good part is we have the crews that prepare everything on the board, we just gave them $10 tips for 3 days and they will do everything from cooking, making coffee, and clean the fish....so what we do is sit and fishing all day long...at night we catch a lot of squids from the docks where our boat parked.
$100 for 3 days fishing in the deep ocean and stay in the national park island Inn...
jigging,casting and popping all included....
Just for sharing but the excitement = Priceless...

shasta_steve
05-03-2013, 10:17 AM
yeah a lot of fun steve,
beside its really cheap, me and my friends are really enjoy it...catch the fish and fried or steam with tomyum soup, it feel so good...the good part is we have the crews that prepare everything on the board, we just gave them $10 tips for 3 days and they will do everything from cooking, making coffee, and clean the fish....so what we do is sit and fishing all day long...at night we catch a lot of squids from the docks where our boat parked.
$100 for 3 days fishing in the deep ocean and stay in the national park island Inn...
jigging,casting and popping all included....
Just for sharing but the excitement = Priceless...

That is a great price, especially for a dedicated fishing trip. The boat I went out on was $25 a day, but then again that was 5 years ago. It was run by a New Zealander who owned a bar there. I am sure, if it is still operating, it has gone up just because fuel is so high. I also used to hire some of the local fisherman to take me out island hopping and catching mostly small fish. The first time I went out it was $15 for all day around 2000. The last time I went another guy wanted $100 for half a day for about the same boat. I think the locals have found out tourists have money.

William DFC
05-03-2013, 09:23 PM
yeah, especially they saw u as a foreigner , they always think foreigner are rich and spend money so easy.
Unless u know some of the local fisherman or u go with your local friend who know the area then maybe u can get a good deal....
u right about the fuel, its really expensive now.