PDA

View Full Version : berkley breeze?

jon_may
06-08-2006, 07:27 AM
hey all
how's the wind these days on the flats? ti's breezy here (sacto) in tha am's and windy in the pm's! going out this saturday for the first time (ever) gotta get some of those 'butts.... will be drifting choves... any advice would help! best times, places, etc
i need some help here from the pros! or if anyone's going out sat, maybe i could follow?!?
thanks!
-me

jon_may
06-08-2006, 07:31 AM
one more thing, if drifting, what is the "proper" distance to stay away from other boats who are also drifting?
help a rook out!
-me

cptfishalot
06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
It all depends on the other boat and the current or maybe some other structure in the area...
If you can hear them speak you are probably to close....
I wouldn't consider myself a pro but I've been lucky recently.....but the "Butts" are in...for how long NO-ONE-KNOWS....
Sofar the weather pattern I've seen has been nice and calm in the AM's and then the wind picks up in the afternoon....some FOG on some days...
Just check your weather station the day before usually helps
Hope this helps alittle....

arima
06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
went on tues could of water skied about noon behind treasure island, just depends, never know, just start early, the alameda rockwall was producing later in the day and is more wind protected.