PDA

View Full Version : Shad help

rocky1
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd like to take my 12 yr old daughter out fishing for shad.. I live 15 mins away from sunrise I'd like to launch my boat at the nice launch ramp and let her fish out of the boat... Does anyone fish for shad right their. I've fished for salmon out of my boat their.. Thanks for any Help..

BeefCakeScout
05-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Its a great spot, just not sure if they are that far up the system yet

fishingfrieda
05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I have been going out there every couple of days, haven't seen or caught anything yet, nor have I seen others.

Wishnbfishn
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
They're up there, Frieda, just not in big numbers yet. I've caught a fair amount, but it's a little hit and miss. Another week or two, and it's lights out.

Wishn

fishingfrieda
05-09-2013, 08:56 AM
They're up there, Frieda, just not in big numbers yet. I've caught a fair amount, but it's a little hit and miss. Another week or two, and it's lights out.

Wishn

Thank you! Been looking!

LURKER916
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
They are up there. Not really biting too much. Just got sex on their minds.

The early ones are hard to catch. Persistence will pay off.

fishingfrieda
05-09-2013, 09:46 AM
They are up there. Not really biting too much. Just got sex on their minds.

The early ones are hard to catch. Persistence will pay off.

I'll keep trying!

Jimmy_M
05-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm going to scout some spots on the upper AR this weekend. With a little luck I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm not a regular shad guy like these other pros!

fishingfrieda
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm going to scout some spots on the upper AR this weekend. With a little luck I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm not a regular shad guy like these other pros!

That would be awesome, I'm not going to have time this weekend, but next week, 3 days off, would be nice to fish.

rocky1
05-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the help.. I'll find a spot and anchor up..

Jimmy_M
05-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I'd like to take my 12 yr old daughter out fishing for shad.. I live 15 mins away from sunrise I'd like to launch my boat at the nice launch ramp and let her fish out of the boat... Does anyone fish for shad right their. I've fished for salmon out of my boat their.. Thanks for any Help..

I was out in the kayak scouting the upper AR this weekend and didn't see any signs of shad that far up yet, but I did float over a ton of squaw fish. I'm not saying there isn't any shad up that far yet so don't turn this into an arguing match! LOL
:flyingpigs:

On a side note that was the first time taking my kayak out since buying it. It was easier that I expected and the scenery was beautiful. I can't wait to hook a salmon from it.

Jimmy M.