PDA

View Full Version : where's the Shanghai Bend?

Starscream
05-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I wanted to go fish at the Shanghai Bend, but wasn't too sure what street it is located at. I plan to fish from the bank so what street would I park my car and go?

fishingfrieda
05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I wanted to go fish at the Shanghai Bend, but wasn't too sure what street it is located at. I plan to fish from the bank so what street would I park my car and go?

Drive to the end of Shanghai bend rd. park, walk. Good luck! give a report!

Alosa
05-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I went there on Sunday expecting to see shad stacked up below some rapids because of low water conditions. The water did seem low, but I didn't see any rapids (not even close). Was the river altered somehow at that location in the recent past? If you do a youtube search for Shanghai Bend you'll find videos of jet boats jumping over the rapids. What gives?

djkurisu1
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Man that place looks killer for real. Anyone know its current status, like that actual falls. Is the river too low atm and it is just the middle channel or is it actually flowing over like in some of the videos I have seen? It looks super good for salmon also. Might have to make a trip up there next weekend. Going to Santa Cruz this weekend for some R & R. Might make it out for the twilight fishing trip with stagnaro charters. It is only 40$ for a sand dab trip. If i do go will post some pics for sure. If anyone is down to maybe car pool next weekend send me a Pm, we can figure out some details.

49erbassman
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
The falls collapsed a few years back

Fish on!

salmonid
05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I was looking into fishing there as well, but sounds like the clay bottom of the river got washed out recently and the rapids are no more. There's some posts on the sniffer about it, or this link for ya:

Falls fall at Yuba City's Shanghai Bend | shanghai, water, bend - Appeal-Democrat (http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/shanghai-113681-water-bend.html)

Best,

djkurisu1
05-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Doh figures.... Oh well there is always that spot filling my dreams w huge stripes and salmon. Fish on imagination and land me a new record stripe and salmon....
:undecided:

BeefCakeScout
05-13-2013, 03:18 PM
As said above, the falls collapsed a couple years ago. Worst news of my fishing career. However, go in from the YC side,walk to the tailout of the chute and drop a grub under a bobber. Too easy