PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Meadows

finsane
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Looks like I may be heading to Jackson Meadows over Memorial Day weekend. If any other sniffers are heading up keep an eye out and say hi, Ill be in a 12' valco and I'll have the radio on channel 69.

GearMan
05-16-2013, 06:54 AM
good luck. we slayed them there 2 weeks ago. they were hitting anything in the water, was a good trip.wish we had a boat, would have been better to hit more water then just the shore.

finsane
05-16-2013, 08:47 AM
thanks for the info gearman, if your up there give me a yell, if i have a spot in the boat i'll take you out.

USMCmatt
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I may be heading up there this weekend for the first time. I'll have my 8 year old son with me that I'd love to get on some fish. Any pointers on the bank fishing there?

finsane
05-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Never been actually fishing there yet, though I frequent other lakes in the area, If I was fishing the banks I would probably go to the old standby's, power bait or crawlers with a marshmallow floater.

ampm
05-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Had an epic day there on Sat. lake is full, fishing was outstanding from shore. Non-stop from sunrise to abt noon, then kept going but slowed some, still getting hits when I left at 1:00pm. I only saw 2-3 boats out.
If you are shore fishing, here's some tips that work for me:
1. Its very rocky so you will get snagged a lot if not careful. I stopped using regular egg sinkers there and use a clear plastic bubble float instead. Put a couple split shots inside and fill it to the top w/ water (if you leave an air bubble in there it will not hit bottom and will drift along and get snagged.) If u dont want to use these, try several small split shots on ur line. Dont leave much slack in line or ur rig will get blown by waves, and drag bottm= more snags.
2. Expirement with different lenght leaders until you get in the right zone. In the morning, fish are very close to shore, maybe 20' out, use abt 12-18'' leader. As it wams up, cast deeper and go to 2'-3' leader in deepr water.
3. If u use use power bait, bring several different colors till u find what works. This weekend it was regular old chartruse glitter, or red. Sometime red works well there not sure why. If you are not getting hits regularly, pull ur line in and make sure power bait is actually floating, sometimes it gets water-logged and u see it sink to the bottom, it has to float to work.
3. Blown nightcrawlers work well, I put some pro-cure trout goo on them too.
4. If your tossing lures, the regular assortment work: small spinners, rapalas etc.

The rocky shore is pretty treacherous to move around on, if u have bad knees like me it will beat u up for sure. This is the best time of year up there, so go get 'em!

Brutus20
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Once you turn off 89 how is the road getting into JM?

finsane
05-21-2013, 04:22 PM
The road in is paved all the way to the dam and good gravel to the backside of the lake.

Brutus20
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info Finsane. Good luck up there, be looking for your report.

.................Brutus........