PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Lamiglas Warranty?

dsa2780
05-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Long story short, I have owned two lamiglas ultra light 7 foot rods. One was self admittedly snapped on a rock while picking it up last fall. I'm fine knowing that Lamiglas will not replace that one.

About a week ago, my other 7 footer lami was used for casting 1/2 oz swimbaits from shore to stripers. I either got hung up on a a large underwater log moving really quickly, or something hit my swimbait with the force of a freight train. The rod bent over as it has with salmon and stripes, but then I hear a sizzle. Line goes slack, my rod is cracked just below the eye on the top piece of the rod. It's not entirely fractured.

What will Lamiglas consider this to be? User negligence? The drag on my Abu Ambassadeur was set to normal, so I don't understand the fracture.

Honestly, I'm pretty much horrified to send them my rod in the mail all the way to Washington for 2 weeks, with $20. I've read pretty much nothing but bad reviews about lamiglas and the way they deal with broken or damaged rods.

Anyone have experience in this?

aka Americansteel
05-16-2013, 06:13 AM
It will take 4/6 weeks to get it back and you will have to pay $40. I have a broken lamiglas from last summer that I have been dreading sending it back.

WHT.RUS
05-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Well, I believe those rods have a max lure weight of 3/8 am I correct? If so, I wouldn't put that on the form.

I heard that fishermans might be able to do in store warranty on lamis, so I'd suggest you call and find out!

Jfitalia
05-16-2013, 11:13 AM
It depends on the lami. Not all Lami's come with a lifetime warranty.

Line Stretcher
05-16-2013, 04:18 PM
It depends on the lami. Not all Lami's come with a lifetime warranty.

This is correct. Can you post the model number? I'll look it up and call my rep and find out for you.

If its the LX 702 ULC or ULS then it's the X-11 Grahphite Freshwater series and since you've technically abused it I doubt there's much they'll do for you.

dsa2780
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
This is correct. Can you post the model number? I'll look it up and call my rep and find out for you.

If its the LX 702 ULC or ULS then it's the X-11 Grahphite Freshwater series and since you've technically abused it I doubt there's much they'll do for you.

MBC702 UL is what the rod says.

It clearly says 1/8 to 1/2 oz lure size, 40-10lb test.

I've had trouble tracking it down but they're typically used as Kokanee rods, but they held up to Sacramento salmon season, for numerous seasons.

H2o2fish
05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I snapped the top section of my Lamglas while casting a 1/2 oz Rat-L-Trap. I sent it in with $20.00. I got a call from them informing me the rod I had was no longer available. They offered to send me a current model similar to the one I sent in at no charge or upgrade to a better rod rod at 60% off. That was a no brainier. I went for the upgrade. Their customer service is outstanding. They are great to deal with.

dsa2780
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
I snapped the top section of my Lamglas while casting a 1/2 oz Rat-L-Trap. I sent it in with $20.00. I got a call from them informing me the rod I had was no longer available. They offered to send me a current model similar to the one I sent in at no charge or upgrade to a better rod rod at 60% off. That was a no brainier. I went for the upgrade. Their customer service is outstanding. They are great to deal with.

Well I'm hoping it goes well for me. I'm planning to send it up north in the next few days, I'm stuck using a shakespeare prius rod for the next couple weeks it looks like.

crazyfisher
05-17-2013, 12:36 AM
horrible service is all I have to say :tomato:

Line Stretcher
05-17-2013, 06:57 AM
MBC702 UL is what the rod says.

It clearly says 1/8 to 1/2 oz lure size, 40-10lb test.

I've had trouble tracking it down but they're typically used as Kokanee rods, but they held up to Sacramento salmon season, for numerous seasons.\

The current rod replacement is going to be the X-11 Graphite rod. The model will be the LX 702 ULC (Casting) or ULS (Spin). These rods, I believe are made with offshore blanks but your's may not have been since this is something that they've only recently ventured into.

I recently bought one of these rods to compare against the G-Loomis 841. The Lami has a little bit more backbone to it and that was what I was looking for. In my honest opinion, the Loomis was not as well thought out or is really only designed for Kokanee because it's really tough to keep a Steelhead on with one of them. The Lami is much better in my opinion.

Outdoor Pro Shop in Cotati is selling them for the same price that I am because I won't compete with them. They're my bread and butter!

Call Lamiglas and ask them about a replacement. Their number is 360-225-9436