PDA

View Full Version : What's the skinny on Watt Ave river access?

frigginchi
05-22-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm coming up from San Jose. Is this a good spot, or is there a better spot for shad? I'm bringing some little ones so I'm hoping we don't catch a bunch of...
http://www.completewildliferemoval.com/pics/skunks-large.jpg

striperking13
05-22-2013, 04:34 PM
It hasn't been the best year if ur asking me. But u never know until u wet that line. It can either be on or go home with those babies.... lol...FISH ON

cravenmonket
05-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Still early - it wasn't until June last year that we were getting 12-15 shad in a couple of hours.

49erbassman
05-22-2013, 05:35 PM
I talked to a few people today that we're killing it on the AR today. Takes time though

Fish on!

frigginchi
05-22-2013, 06:17 PM
BTW can you keep salmon/ trout at Watt? And what are the size/ gear and bag limits? I'm not smart enough to understand the regs on the DFG site.

49erbassman
05-22-2013, 06:22 PM
BTW can you keep salmon/ trout at Watt? And what are the size/ gear and bag limits? I'm not smart enough to understand the regs on the DFG site.

Sorry but if cant understand the regs should you really be fishing? I could tell you ya go for it than when your being cited for fishing for salmon when it's not season yet what happens? You can't blame the Internet. They are very confusing at first but once you read them a few times it's pretty simple. And if not send an email to DFW, they will answer most questions.

Never trust someone else to give you the correct info when it comes to laws

Fish on!

frigginchi
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Already sent R2Info@dfg.ca.gov an e-mail 2 weeks ago. No reply yet. Thanks for the help tho.

Sorry but if cant understand the regs should you really be fishing? I could tell you ya go for it than when your being cited for fishing for salmon when it's not season yet what happens? You can't blame the Internet. They are very confusing at first but once you read them a few times it's pretty simple. And if not send an email to DFW, they will answer most questions.

Never trust someone else to give you the correct info when it comes to laws

Fish on!

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
No salmon right now!

IronClad
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Basically, No you cant. It's not salmon season yet. Regs are pretty cut and dry

Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations - Waters with Special Regulations (http://dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish-Mar2013/ccr-t14-sec7_50.html)

If you are going to target the trout id get a steelhead card as that's mostly what they are and i doubt telling the warden " well im only targeting the ones that are 16" and under " will fly

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Just stick with shad.

frigginchi
05-22-2013, 06:58 PM
The kids are just drowning worms while I go for shad. Thanks for pointing out the Steelhead card. I didn't see that.

Basically, No you cant. It's not salmon season yet. Regs are pretty cut and dry

Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations - Waters with Special Regulations (http://dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish-Mar2013/ccr-t14-sec7_50.html)

If you are going to target the trout id get a steelhead card as that's mostly what they are and i doubt telling the warden " well im only targeting the ones that are 16" and under " will fly