PDA

View Full Version : heading out soon...

djkurisu1
05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
heading over to watt if anyone wants to meet up send me a PM. Anyone know if the bite is good down there atm?

baustin
05-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Haven't been to Watt/Howe in a couple weeks but sunrise has been consistent between 6:00 and 8:00 pm over the last week or so.

baustin
05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Starting to get a bit combative though, was going to take my girl out today but my buddy told me 6+ fellas in the hole I want to fish already. She's not that experienced yet and don't wanna put her in a situation where she might hook someone, those 6' liters can be a bit tricky to cast accurately if you're new.

djkurisu1
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Met up with westcoastdave and hit watt.
1456614567 I think the pics speak for themselves. 3rd cast in BENDO..... then the long wait. Picked up another one a hour later with a few misses. A 3rd strike w a short fight and off and there was no more for the night. Good night to get out and meet up with a new buddy for another night of fishing. Cheers

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Way to go bro! Daughter looks super happy!

49erbassman
05-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Good job brother! It's great seeing the kids smile

Fish on!

salmonid
05-22-2013, 08:52 PM
congrats on the fish! Sounds like the shad are in the AR pretty thick,

Best,

djkurisu1
05-23-2013, 06:16 AM
thanks guys, it does feel good to get her out there. Cant wait till she is actually casting though and not just helping with assists =) We do make a good team when it comes to landing fish though. She learns from the best hehe. Fish on guys.

westcoastdave
05-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Great fishing with you last night DJK, I am glad I went to my favorite spot after you left to catch a couple of my own shad before dark. Looks like my shad darts worked great for you.

djkurisu1
05-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah dave they do work well. I lost one last night fishing with charlie, was pretty bummed. Did pick one up shortly after on the white/pink w pink champ grub. was totally talking to charlie then feel the rod start pulling from my hand. Short little pull back and full bendo. Nice little 2lber. was pretty stoked, no skunk for me. Charlie was a great host and showed me some spots which must remain on the DL, I tip my hat to you brother and cant wait to get back out with you. A great guy and conversationalist. Well to this beautiful weekend I hope the best of luck and stay safe. Taking my little ones out in a bit to see what we can scrounge up hehe. A great day to enjoy some awesome new memories with my little ones and some nice swimming and fishing. What else could you ask for? Oh yeah tight lines and bright skies....
:fishing5xd: PM me if you are gonna be around watt. Its a good spot for the kids to play and catch a few fish. Ill be down there with my little boy and girl.