PDA

View Full Version : Read the dang ole regulations!

IronClad
05-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Noticing a trend lately where people just flatout dont know the regulations.

DFG has them up on their website and i find that they are easier to read than the booklet.

Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations (http://dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish-Mar2013/)

Please please if you are going to fish, study the regulations ! They even post mid season changes/updates on the website so you can know if somthing changes ! You do not have to go by hearsay. The well he said or she said crap doesnt fly with wardens.

I had a good chuckle last year at my buddies dad because some random dude on the river bank told him he needed to switch to all siwash hooks on his spinners because you cant run trebbles in the feather.. And so he did and when we told him that he was an idiot and he should HAVE READ THE REGULATIONS that he wouldnt have wasted time/money on some stupid bs.

So guys study up ! ignorance is absolutely no excuse and neither is " well so and so told me". Read the regs and stay safe!.

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Well said iron clad

SalmoClarki
05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Noticing a trend lately where people just flatout dont know the regulations.

Please please if you are going to fish, study the regulations ! They even post mid season changes/updates on the website so you can know if somthing changes ! You do not have to go by hearsay. The well he said or she said crap doesnt fly with wardens.

So guys study up ! ignorance is absolutely no excuse and neither is " well so and so told me". Read the regs and stay safe!.

Bingo! Learn the rules BEFORE going fishing!

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Or you can learn them in court sadly along with a fat fine. And none of us wants anyone to deal with that.

Its also cool to help a buddy out when u see an infraction. Just make sure u ain't the GOMER who gives out false info.

Swimbaitjunkie
05-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I always keep one regulation book in my backpack N truck, just in case someone wants to B a thorn to my side about the new regs...gotta B one step ahead of them...

BIG_ONE
05-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Or you can learn them in court sadly along with a fat fine. And none of us wants anyone to deal with that.

Its also cool to help a buddy out when u see an infraction. Just make sure u ain't the GOMER who gives out false info.

I do...I've seen plenty who I want them to deal with that. If it's the best way to get the regulation across their mind, then so be it.

:jumping-smiley-011:

IronClad
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
I do...I've seen plenty who I want them to deal with that. If it's the best way to get the regulation across their mind, then so be it.

Im with ya there

LURKER916
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM

Have a heart brother.. Doesn't hurt to help out your fellow man a bit. I hear you on wanting folks blatantly breaking the law being held accountable, but this dude from San Jose coming up to fish with his kids and having a few questions, well for me it doesn't hurt to help a dude out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redneckpunk
05-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Have a heart brother.. Doesn't hurt to help out your fellow man a bit. I hear you on wanting folks blatantly breaking the law being held accountable, but this dude from San Jose coming up to fish with his kids and having a few questions, well for me it doesn't hurt to help a dude out.

Im willing to bet BIG_ONE would be one of the first to help out that "dad" and his kids. Like the rest of us, when it comes to seeing kids successful at fishing legally, he has a big heart....but dont tell anyone

BIG_ONE
05-23-2013, 12:17 AM

I help guys out all the times (I think) especially those who ask for advice. But there are those who either said "I'm wrong" or just nodded and pretend to listen to me but went back and do its own things. Those are the guys I'm trying to get across...two totally different group of fisherman.

:violin:

BIG_ONE
05-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Im willing to bet BIG_ONE would be one of the first to help out that "dad" and his kids. Like the rest of us, when it comes to seeing kids successful at fishing legally, he has a big heart....but dont tell anyone

But...but...but...your telling everyone. :embarassed:

redneckpunk
05-23-2013, 07:35 AM
But...but...but...your telling everyone. :embarassed:

who you kidding? nobody reads this stuff. :smiley_crazy: