PDA

View Full Version : Bodega bay Harbour

dbass
05-22-2006, 07:35 AM
I've heard, there good fishing off the wharfs (Tides and Lucas) at night for shark, ray and skates, what would be the bait of choice and how much heavy of a weight would I need. This would be strictly catch and release, for the youngsters.

fishhogg
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey dbass, use whole squid or anchovies, with a 3 oz triangle sinker. If the wharf doesnt work out, go around the bay and fish on the beach at the beginning of where the boats start... I've caught lots of leapords at night time!
Good luck!

dbass
05-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Fishhogg, are you talking between puerto bodega and spud point marina?

Rock_Hopper
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Tides Wharf is better than Lucas Wharf. Both are private piers so anyone over 16 years old will have to have a license. Squid, mackerel, and sardines all work. The owners of Tides Wharf will be more tolerant of you if you buy your bait and maybe even some appetizers or drinks from them.

Also, try and leave the place cleaner than you found it. There's usually a lot of bait fish hanging around if the kids get bored. Just hook 'em up with a sabiki and cast for smelt or perch. And be ready for some serious battles. The biggest leopards and rays I've caught have been from Tides Wharf.

Campbell Cove is another good spot, but I've always gotten more rays than sharks there. Not to mention Campbell Cove is permanently affixed to the number two spot of "Heal the Bays" dirtiest beach in CA list. It's all good though, just don't go there with any open skin wounds! ;D