PDA

View Full Version : Nimbus Dam

PinkSalmon
05-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Has anyone has any luck in this area? my last two trips there have yielded 0. i saw a few fishing sailors bar and downstream. water level was really low.

kingcole
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Prob a little early up that high. Give it a few weeks and more flows. It's just getting into the normal hot month.

Folks get carried away saying the bites off this year or the run is over. June has always been the true hot bite month. That said water matters

PinkSalmon
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Prob a little early up that high. Give it a few weeks and more flows. It's just getting into the normal hot month.

Folks get carried away saying the bites off this year or the run is over. June has always been the true hot bite month. That said water matters

that's good to hear. i've been told that the shad run ends beginning of june. thanks.

49erbassman
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Seen folks catching shad by the hatchery in July /August last year

Fish on!

CAL.NDN
05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Yep i caught plenty of them in july August throwing blue fox or flying c for salmon.

djkurisu1
05-31-2013, 04:55 PM
shad hit blue fox and flying C's? thats sweet if they do, I def will have to try it out.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
I've stood on the high wall on the south side of the damn in early august to see how many guys were down fishing and saw massive schools of shad swimming in large circles skimming the surface. It's actually an early memory I have with my dad, standing up on that wall and seeing all the shad before going down to salmon fish together. Good times!!

djkurisu1
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON:salmon::salmon::salmon:

WhopperStopper
06-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Yep i caught plenty of them in july August throwing blue fox or flying c for salmon.

+1 I have also caught them on flying Cs at the beginning of salmon season

FISHIN_BUDDY
06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I've seen plenty of shad caught while drifting beads during salmon season on the upper American on beads. A guy hooks up and says YES!!! hollering and hurraying all excited he hooked up a salmon, then a few minutes later the disappointment sets in... lol

49erbassman
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I've seen plenty of shad caught while drifting beads during salmon season on the upper American on beads. A guy hooks up and says YES!!! hollering and hurraying all excited he hooked up a salmon, then a few minutes later the disappointment sets in... lol

Lmao that would be depressing lol

Fish on!

PinkSalmon
06-04-2013, 12:25 PM

i can understand the disappointment. however, "fish on" is always exhilarating.

djkurisu1
07-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Always love to hear " FISH ON" no matter what type of fish I am there for. Talk about living vicariously through others..... get the fix in and dont get tired from the fight haha