PDA

View Full Version : Where to launch at Lake Tahoe?

Grits
06-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Heading to Lake Tahoe on Monday morning for 2 days on the lake. What is the best place to launch on the north shore of the lake. Do I need to do the muscle inspection prior to going? Thanks Grits

hooks
06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Heading to Lake Tahoe on Monday morning for 2 days on the lake. What is the best place to launch on the north shore of the lake. Do I need to do the muscle inspection prior to going? Thanks Grits

On the North shore where? Incline, Nevada side or the Tahoe City Calif. side? Either way you have to get inspected at one of the off site inspection stations. I just got my boat inspected this morning at North Star. There is also one at Alpine Meadows area I think. They will not inspect your boat at the launch. Sand Harbor in Nevada or Lake Forest in Tahoe City. Both nice ramps.

Grits
06-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Great thanks for the info. We are open to either Side of the lake. Just thought north had better fishing but I haven't been on the lake in years. Are all the ramps the same price to launch??

hooks
06-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Great thanks for the info. We are open to either Side of the lake. Just thought north had better fishing but I haven't been on the lake in years. Are all the ramps the same price to launch??

15.00 to 20.00 depending where you launch and where you live. Like at Lake forest I have to pay 20.00 instead of 15.00 because I live in Nevada.

Grits
06-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the help. Now I just need the trout and browns to play.