PDA

View Full Version : Lake Del Valle

Nor*Cal
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Do you have to purchase some sort of extra permit to fish Del Valle? I found this on their web page:

"Anglers 16+ years of age are required to purchase a District fishing access permit in addition to having a valid State Fishing license."

Is this information correct and if so, how much is this thing?

redneckpunk
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
$5/day/person

http://www.ebparks.org/Assets/_Nav_Categories/About_Us/Budget+Finance/Consolidated+Fee+Schedule.pdf?method=1

~RNP

Nor*Cal
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info RNP!

I know its only five bucks, but that's jacked! you already buy your fishing license for $50 and on top of that you have to pay $5 a day to fish there?! screw all that!!:11:

JB14
06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Isn't it that way at most county/district parks?

redneckpunk
06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Isn't it that way at most county/district parks?

Dont know about most, but many, icluding all East Bay Regional Parks. The fee, supposedly, is to help pay for the plants that keep fish in the lakes.

JB14
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Dont know about most, but many, icluding all East Bay Regional Parks. The fee, supposedly, is to help pay for the plants that keep fish in the lakes.

Yeah and that's why Del Valle has gone to ****. The inspections caused a lot of people to stop going and in turn there's less plants and boom, less fish. Funny how that works.

Nor*Cal
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I had never heard of a fee like that.

CAL.NDN
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I had never heard of a fee like that.

What you never fished amador pardee Comanche then huh.

Nor*Cal
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
lol no, i havent fished any of those!

CAL.NDN
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh i see amador is almost 30$ for two people just to bank fish.

redneckpunk
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah and that's why Del Valle has gone to ****. The inspections caused a lot of people to stop going and in turn there's less plants and boom, less fish. Funny how that works.

yeah but good luck explaining that to buracracts. their solution will only be to increase the fees to offset what theyre losing. :hitoverhead:

WHT.RUS
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
That also works the other way around. Increase in fees, more people stop comming, the deficit continues to go up..

CAL.NDN
06-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Yep i slayed the f### out fish at the 3 lakes i mentioned gave them thousands of $ they raised the price this year and less fish and haven't seen my money this year at all. And might not ever agin i will go to the 88 lakes or the crystal basin lakes for free. Or the carson or the rivers catch salmon steel trout and shad for free. Or take up where i started slaying the hell out of ditch pickles.

redneckpunk
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
From reports I read this year coming from Amador you didnt miss much. We actually went to Amador on Sunday for the first time, not to fish but to scope it out on the way back from NM. Only fish I saw was one going onto the stringer from a troller in front of the dam, but looked to be 3-4lb range. Women inside restaurant/store said its been very slow for trout, especially with the heat but the catfish bite was picking up. Found a couple nice campsites on the water though. Gonna keep them in mind for the cooler months since its fairly close

SF21
06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
The fishing permit go 100% towards stocking. ALL the lakes in Norcal I have ever been too required a permit on top of a license, minus berry and clear lake.

CRABBY
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
The fishing permit go 100% towards stocking. ALL the lakes in Norcal I have ever been too required a permit on top of a license, minus berry and clear lake.I don't THINK the lakes up here do,never seen it in our area or higher up!!:)

49erbassman
06-04-2013, 12:16 PM
There is a ton of NorCal lakes that don't charge for fishing permit. Collins,camp far west, east park just to name a few. And I do better at those lakes than the permit ones lol

Fish on!

spdbump
06-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Not at Oroville either as far as I know .

CRABBY
06-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Not at Oroville either as far as I know .Nope The big O is cool !!!!BB is free.:yoda23uk:

XPL051v3
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Lake Amador, Camanche and Pardee are extremely high in prices just to fish be it be off the bank or in the boat. I think the fishing permit is 7-8$ alone + launch fees/day use. Thats another reason why I have only fished Pardee once so far this year and none at the other. Although I did get a nice stringer of trout the smallest being close to 1lb up to 4lbs. We had are limits in a few hours from off the bank but I refuse to pay the fishing permits as some days you don't get your limit or atleast I havent. I guess that's why they call it fishing but I don't like paying high dollar and get skunked. Pardee does plant some huge trout at times. I remember going once and getting a 6+lb planter trout. Not sure if they still plant that big now though.

-Xzi

spdbump
06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
When did Amador Pardee and Comanche start charging ? Grew up 15 min from North Shore Comanche never paid to fish. Of course I left in 1991 :Butthead::devil-smiley-001: