PDA

View Full Version : 5/31/13 - Lisbon Slough

Nor*Cal
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I wasn't sure which category to put this post in since we didn't just catch one type of fish...
Anyway, We arrived at Lisbon Slough at 6pm fishing for panfish. I am trying to teach my buddy Louie to fish and I think this day was a step in a positive direction! I set his line up first and within the first five minutes he had his first take down. Unfortunately he missed it but I told him to toss it back in the same area and sure enough about a minute later and after a nice little fight (on light gear) he caught his first ever Largemouth Bass!
A bit later I started off with a slip Bobber and hooked into a 13 in Channel Cat. It swallowed up my bait and it took me a while to get the hook out so I didn't get a picture with it. A while later I hooked into my first crappie of the year and I put him on the stringer.

I figured if I caught more I would take them home. I didn't end up catching anymore slabs but my next fish was a huge surprise! This small striper gobbled up my nightcrawler! I think i mentioned this in another post but even if many people have told me that a fish is in specific waters, I tend not to ignore them until I catch it myself. You guys wouldn't believe me... there are stripers in Lisbon Slough! haha
My Last fish was another Channel Cat. It was a bit smaller than the first one but it was still a nice little catch.

We took off around 8:30. Even though the fish weren't too big, It was a good time fishing and my buddy had a good time. My buddy finished up the day wishing he had caught another fish and wanting to set plans to fish this week! Aside from that, we were successful because we caught 4 different types of fish at the same fishing hole! Well anyways, fish on boys!

salmonid
06-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Your buddy looks pretty excited with that little guy. Wait till he hooks up with a river monster!

Best bro,

Nor*Cal
06-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Brother, I'm trying my best to get him into fishing! he's one of them city slickers that doesnt have the attention span for waiting to catch fish which is why I'm glad he hooked into that one within the first few minutes!! haha Eventally he will be ready for some big guys!

jlizama
06-09-2013, 01:38 AM
What part of Lisbon slough were you fishing at? I wanna try crappie fishing there. I usually park at the levee off Enterprise and walking over straight ahead and fish there but never hooked anything but small yellow bellies which I've heard don't taste too good?
Best bro,[/QUOTE]

BIG_ONE
06-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Stripers are definitely in Lisbon Slough. Any body of water that connects to the delta, will have stripers.

catchayou
06-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Go on the north side of the freeway to the slough that branches off to the right for Crappie

Nor*Cal
06-10-2013, 08:28 AM
What part of Lisbon slough were you fishing at? I wanna try crappie fishing there. I usually park at the levee off Enterprise and walking over straight ahead and fish there but never hooked anything but small yellow bellies which I've heard don't taste too good?
Best bro,[/QUOTE]

I fish for crappie in the woodland stretch of Lisbon. Give it a try and let me know if you come fish it in woodland, I'll fish it with you! haha

Go on the north side of the freeway to the slough that branches off to the right for Crappie

I'm going to have to try that! I have seen some pretty big cap in there and when it was dried out I seen tons of baby Largemouths in there! any idea if there are good size largemouths in there?