PDA

View Full Version : SB

fishingfrieda
06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Went scouting SB yesterday. Saw hundreds of fish swim by from the cliffs. Amazing.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-05-2013, 02:36 PM
That's my turf. I've been saying there's fish up there all season. They all shot up high fast with the low flows.When the water went up the first couple days the bite died but its back on now.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
I've been fishing lots of spots in that area but I must say the slower deeper water has been where its at. I watch guys in the riffles get maybe 1 to every 6 or so I get.

PinkSalmon
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I've been fishing lots of spots in that area but I must say the slower deeper water has been where its at. I watch guys in the riffles get maybe 1 to every 6 or so I get.

interesting..i fished that area a few times with a floater targeting the deep pools for only a few bites. i'm doing something wrong here.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, 8 other guys fishing right next to me only caught two between them all and we caught 14. They were using bobbers also but weren't set up right. I will agree that I am missing prob 5 out of 6 bites also though. Have I seen you out there? Pretty much everyone I have talked to who has fished the spot I have been isn't on sniffer.

PinkSalmon
06-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, 8 other guys fishing right next to me only caught two between them all and we caught 14. They were using bobbers also but weren't set up right. I will agree that I am missing prob 5 out of 6 bites also though. Have I seen you out there? Pretty much everyone I have talked to who has fished the spot I have been isn't on sniffer.

i don't think i have seen you. the few times i was there i was on the hatchery side..on the rocks and once right across from SB. i think i'm the only one fishing that rock area. :o)

fishingfrieda
06-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I've been fishing lots of spots in that area but I must say the slower deeper water has been where its at. I watch guys in the riffles get maybe 1 to every 6 or so I get. I couldn't get them to bite.
They were moving fast. Not holding. There were others fishing and no one caught a thing.

fishingfrieda
06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm sick of this shad stuff and ready for salmon!
You guys fish sb for salmon?

djkurisu1
06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
i'm sick of this shad stuff and ready for salmon!
You guys fish sb for salmon?
Sent from my desire hd using tapatalk 2

here here, bring on the salmon.............. I neeeeeeeeed it.

fishingfrieda
06-05-2013, 09:38 PM
here here, bring on the salmon.............. I neeeeeeeeed it.

Lol, spoken like a true addict! :thumbup:

djkurisu1
06-05-2013, 09:46 PM
you have NO IDEA.... early in the morning and late in the evening. I just GOTTA HAVE IT...

Here FISHY FISHY FISHY:salmon::salmon::fishing5:

CAL.NDN
06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Hell.i gota have it all day.

westcoastdave
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
SB was not good to me!! I fished there with 5 other anglers for a total of 3 Shad. 1 for me and 2 for the guy next to me. 1 guy fishing across from us on the hatchery side also got skunked. On the positive side it was my first shad ever from SB and my first shad on a bobber in years. I still want to go fishing with some of the guys on this board, who are good at fishing bobbers for shad before the run is over.

Striper
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Was this scouting on the north side or south side of the river? Sunrise or SB side?

fishingfrieda
06-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Was this scouting on the north side or south side of the river? Sunrise or SB side?

South side

fishingfrieda
06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
SB was not good to me!! I fished there with 5 other anglers for a total of 3 Shad. 1 for me and 2 for the guy next to me. 1 guy fishing across from us on the hatchery side also got skunked. On the positive side it was my first shad ever from SB and my first shad on a bobber in years. I still want to go fishing with some of the guys on this board, who are good at fishing bobbers for shad before the run is over.

Me too. I am more comfortable with my bobber set up now thanks to everyone on the fail thread, but when you are not catching it makes you question your set up.

LURKER916
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Adjust depth, try without a split shot, adjust depth. Try with a split shot.

Change color, adjust depth. Change color, adjust depth try with a split shot...

Etc.... Spice it up, try a fly. Adjust depth. You get the picture.

One thing I saw this miserable year was we were on schools of hundreds of lock jawed fish that would open up of we tried enough different presentations.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Adjust depth, try without a split shot, adjust depth. Try with a split shot.

Change color, adjust depth. Change color, adjust depth try with a split shot...

Etc.... Spice it up, try a fly. Adjust depth. You get the picture.

One thing I saw this miserable year was we were on schools of hundreds of lock jawed fish that would open up of we tried enough different presentations.

I have found moving the bobber up or down a foot or so can trigger strikes, also I move the split shot up or down some and that can help. I've went for a half hour without a bite then moved down the bobber and got strikes right away. +1 on your dream about bobbers matt. I dream almost everynight of just seeing my bobber dissapear. It's great.

LURKER916
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm getting tired of it. It's starting to haunt me.
I'm going out tonite before work for an hour or two.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
06-06-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm headed out at 5 till dark. Will report. I'm gonna take some pics tonight I think.

Nor_Cal_Drifter
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm headed out at 5 till dark. Will report. I'm gonna take some pics tonight I think.

I'm with Frieda...bring on the Salmon. I've been fine-tuning my gear for weeks!

djkurisu1
06-09-2013, 08:26 PM
salmon salmon salmon salmon.... nuff said