PDA

View Full Version : What's a good salmon charter boat??

Richs70chevelle
06-06-2013, 12:53 PM
So going to be going out on a salmon charter for the first time. Never been out ocean salmon fishing and never been out on a charter fishing trip so try to get an idea of which boat to take on a first trip out. Looking to go out of anywhere in sf area, berkley, Emeryville, Half Moon bay, Sausalito. Trying to book something ahead of time for the 22 or 23 of June so any advice would be a appreciate

nayr
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Everyone has their preferrence. Mine is the new easy rider out of berkeley.

Richs70chevelle
06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks checked there Facebook page looks like ill b booking a trip will report back

FISHERPRICE
06-07-2013, 11:30 AM
So going to be going out on a salmon charter for the first time. Never been out ocean salmon fishing and never been out on a charter fishing trip so try to get an idea of which boat to take on a first trip out. Looking to go out of anywhere in sf area, berkley, Emeryville, Half Moon bay, Sausalito. Trying to book something ahead of time for the 22 or 23 of June so any advice would be a appreciate
Going on a six pack vs. a big boat is much better for salmon but that's only my opinion.

Richs70chevelle
06-07-2013, 11:39 AM
What's a good six pack boat??

FISHERPRICE
06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
What's a good six pack boat??

I personally like lovely Linda Sportfishing. He has the boat I would like to have and it rides very nice on the water. He provides more than most so check it out. Also Jim Cox has a six pack. They only take up to six people vs. 40 people. Its like you are on your own boat and have a pro to get you on fish and do everything for you before you even no you need it done. I will be on lovely linda on the 15th if you wana go with fellow sniffer.

bassbob
06-09-2013, 07:49 AM
If you are willing to do the fishermans wharf thing in S.F. you cant beat Whacky Jacky especially for the first time charter fisherman.No matter what boat you decide on get there at least an hour before they tell you to and park your self and your gear in whatever spot you can get as close to the boat as possible,depending on the operation this can be a gate at the top of a gangplank down to the boat or on the dock next to the boat.The goal here is to get yourself a fishing spot on the stern,preferably one of the corners.Alot of folks think this is a waste of time and energy they are WRONG!.With nearly 50 years of partyboat experience(mostly in and around the SF bay)I can say with the utmost confidence that the stern corners catch more fish,sometimes the only fish,especially on trolling trips.Get up early and be the first in line to get on that boat..that's the best advice I can give,well that and bring a stack of 5 dollar bills and tip your deckhand early and often.When you are really ready to see the best saltwater fishing cali has to offer get yourself up to shelter cove...they hand out the "hard core" badges up there.theoriginalbassbob over and out.P.S. dont let that "junior member" thing under my handle fool you...I have been on this board since it's inception,I am a former employee of the fish sniffer,a friend of the Bonsletts and a friend of Dan Bachers...fishing the bank to 70 footers, 1964 to ???...I know a little.Go get that tyee,post a pic and make us old guys drool.