PDA

View Full Version : halibuts from shore

fisherdude4eva
05-14-2006, 07:07 AM
do any of you guys catch halibuts from shore or pier? I got a small boat but I dont know if itll work for the big blue. also whens a good time to go?

cuhogn
05-14-2006, 07:34 AM
They do catch them off the Berkeley pier at times.

hair_raiser
05-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Ive cought a couple from berkeley pier. I just take a hair raiser and work around the pilings. I only get up there acouple times a year but usually catch one or two when I do. I start at the front of the pier start walking and fishing. Down one side and back the other.

TSL
05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
do any of you guys catch halibuts from shore or pier? I got a small boat but I dont know if itll work for the big blue. also whens a good time to go?

you dont need a big boat to fish in tommales bay
i use to worry more about the fog when i did not have the electronics that my big boat has
i would feel right at home in a 12' alum. with a hand held compass
until i was familiar with the area i would do a compass bearing check every once in a while

my hard drive took a dump and i had to reformat
other wise i would give you a link to a map of tommales bay
i need to go back through some old post to dig up links
if any of you other sniffers have soem of the links i need please pm them to me
thanks

TSL

somebody
05-14-2006, 05:45 PM
This is a picture test.

LuLu22
05-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Well here is an address for maps : http://www.nauticalcharts.gov/viewer/PacificCoastTable.htm
On that page is a wealth of information from nautical charts. I think I got the page from TSL..

http://www.nauticalcharts.gov/viewer/PacificCoastTable.htm

I have looked at a great chart of the T Bay there. With the boat size that you have , a launch from Nick's Cove is a good idea.

Good Luck.
Ron

TSL
05-14-2006, 08:08 PM
thanks capt
you take all the accumulated knowledge for granted until you lose it all
i posted that link a while back
but am sure i got it from some one on this or another site
i will be hours digging to find the links i lost
i need to send them all in an email to one of the other pcs in the house
i have mine, the wife has hers and of course the kid has a hot rod for on line gaming

TSL