PDA

View Full Version : Shealor lake

hybrid90
06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Planning to do backpacking trip to Shealor lake with the wife and was wondering if there's fish in that lake? If so, what type?

Can't find any fishing reports for the lake. I'm guessing it's because it's not really a "fishing" lake. I just need a backup plan to do at that lake besides swimming and hiking around that area.

Thanks!

rich_nelson
06-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Planning to do backpacking trip to Shealor lake with the wife and was wondering if there's fish in that lake? If so, what type?

Can't find any fishing reports for the lake. I'm guessing it's because it's not really a "fishing" lake. I just need a backup plan to do at that lake besides swimming and hiking around that area.

Thanks!

We've been up to Shealor a couple of times over the last 5 years. Never caught anything (or even seen anyone else catch one). Pretty small lake - -probably no fish. Swimming was good though!

hybrid90
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
We've been up to Shealor a couple of times over the last 5 years. Never caught anything (or even seen anyone else catch one). Pretty small lake - -probably no fish. Swimming was good though!

Thanks for the input. Yeah I used to go there as a kid just to camp and swim.
Just thought after a swim I would catch some trout to fry up for dinner but looks like it's going to be a slim chance.

Maybe I'll go fishing at Caples then back to Shealor lake (base camp) to fry up the huge trout I've caught (dreaming). lol

Sutter Creek
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Caught lots of Brookies there in the 70's and 80's. Last fished it in 1990. They don't stock it any more. Dan