PDA

View Full Version : Just can't say no to that child.....not that I would want to.

tjmckenzie
06-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Have a daughter who is on the verge of getting hooked on fishing. Last time out, Lyons Reservoir, she got a bite and has been itching for more ever since. I am smack dab in middle of the valley, Manteca, CA. Where can I go take her to have best chance at a fish. Not worried about the species so much. No boat, so shore, and she's 8. And don't say the hatchery either, lol. Thanks in advance.

49erbassman
06-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm from sac so not familiar with your area but 8 mile rd in Stockton is close by and with some worms your always bound to catch something. Don't stay in one spot too long unless your catching fish. Good luck and good job teaching them young!

Fish on!

stingray4540
06-12-2013, 07:04 AM
How far are you willing to travel? Del Valle is an hour away.

Looking at google maps, there seems to be a lot of water around 120, just west of you. Usually where there is water you can at least find bass or panfish.

Maybe do some scouting trips after work, then when you find what's in there and what they hit on, take your daughter out with some confidence she will catch something.

fishnmike
06-12-2013, 07:15 AM
This Saturday there is a kids fishing function at the Berkeley peir. Its an organized event with lunch, bait and tackle provided. It runs from 10 to 1.

kickinit
06-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Have a daughter who is on the verge of getting hooked on fishing. Last time out, Lyons Reservoir, she got a bite and has been itching for more ever since. I am smack dab in middle of the valley, Manteca, CA. Where can I go take her to have best chance at a fish. Not worried about the species so much. No boat, so shore, and she's 8. And don't say the hatchery either, lol. Thanks in advance.

Mossdale crossing regional park is near you. 19091 S. Manthey Rd Lathrop CA 95240
From the parking lot go south of the railroad bridge and there is a sandy shore that is safe for young kids. Usually lots of bites.

Dwight Manley
06-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Los Voqueros is 30 minutes away.....has trout, stripers and bass (and other panfish). Boat rentals are nicely equiped and pretty darn reasonable if you don't want to bank it