PDA

View Full Version : French Meadows Reservoir

joez3
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Was thinking of making the run up to French Meadows this weekend. Has anyone been up there lately? Or got a fishing report?
Thanks,
Joe

GoneCountry
06-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Havent been up there in 18 years......................

Reel Fun
06-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Should be good? Snow is gone and they plant that with a plane I think? 15-20 years ago we would catch browns off the shore during deer hunting season with green power bait. The bottom is rocky there so watch your depth especially in a low water year. If its no good after a couple hours you can always drive for 20 min over to Hell Hole? Good Luck if you go! RF

stagger_lee
06-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Ahhhh French Meadows......my all time favorite. Best spot for me, we would do a figure 8 across the lake from what we call the pump house to up from Poppy campgrounds on the other side. A few Browns from time to time.......We always enjoy at the "Meadows".... fish or no fish ! Hope you do Too :a-fish:!!!

Reel Fun
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
And keep an eye out for bears!!! The are all over that place! We once had a huge one walk into camp in the middle of the day take a bag of doritos chips off the table and climb a tree 20 ft away and eat them! We left him a soda to wash it down but he declined? With the new regs about no dogs to hunt bear a lot of guys will quit hunting them altogether and they will be out of control at French Meadows to the point it will not be safe to recreate there!! But it is one of the best scenery lakes in the state.....RF

Rugby Lock
06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
From the Sacto Bee:

FRENCH MEADOWS RESERVOIR - The lake is at 60-percent capacity and scheduled for a DFW trout plant this week. John Wadden at Will Fish Tackle in Auburn reported that trollers were picking up rainbows and a few browns on a threaded nightcrawler behind a chrome dodger at the dam and at the creek inlet just east of the dam.

Read more here: Fishing Line: Week of June 12, 2013 - Outbound - The Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/10/5485772/fishing-line-week-of-may-13-2013.html#storylink=cpy)