PDA

View Full Version : Homade ice cream

whatsername
06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
The "Shariwade Ranch" way. Equipment= Electric 1 1/2 gallon ice cream maker. Accessories= Rock salt, ice, Corona's, lawn chair. Recipe= 2 quarts of half & half, 2 pints of heavy whipping cream, 3 cups of sugar, 2 Tblsp of pure vanilla extract. Stir. Pour into ice cream maker cylinder. Assemble ice cream maker and turn on. Add a layer of rock salt, then ice, salt,ice in layers until ice cream maker is full. Get lawn chair. Sit, watch, drink Corona. When the motor on the ice cream maker wont turn anymore, youre ready for ice cream. Your family will enjoy this VERY rich ice cream. This recipe has been on our ranch for a very long time. Used to be made with Geurnsey milk instead of half and half. Add fruit to the mix, chocolate instead on vanilla, etc... Whatsername.

BIG_ONE
06-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Interesting. I remember the old school way many many many years ago when I was still in kindergarten. I was taught to use a zip lock bag with some ice, cream, milk, some of kind of rock salt or was it ice cream salt, vanilla extract and some other stuff I can't remember. You would seal the bag, and then start shaking and tossing the bag around until it forms into one solid ice cream. It was quite refreshing...well, what isn't refreshing during kindergarten anyways. LOL.

:excited::excited::excited:

okie
06-14-2013, 02:04 PM
last time i made ice cream was in the late 40's, a wooden bucket
with a handcrank mounted on to the handle with a paddle in the bucket,
my the ingredients in the bucket and turn the handle until your arm
gave out. it was good, but not worth the trouble.
be safe

CAL.NDN
06-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Interesting. I remember the old school way many many many years ago when I was still in kindergarten. I was taught to use a zip lock bag with some ice, cream, milk, some of kind of rock salt or was it ice cream salt, vanilla extract and some other stuff I can't remember. You would seal the bag, and then start shaking and tossing the bag around until it forms into one solid ice cream. It was quite refreshing...well, what isn't refreshing during kindergarten anyways. LOL.

That stuff was bomb!!!!!! I was thinking of that a couple weeks ago i believe you nailed it second time. Need make some asap. And yea fun and easy and delicious.

nvthis
06-16-2013, 11:31 AM
When I was a kid, I always got the unenviable duty of sitting on that damn wooden ice cream maker to keep the lid down tight while my uncles churned away. Now, we have an electric churner and that thing ROCKS!

CAL.NDN
06-16-2013, 12:05 PM

If ya google Ziploc bag ice cream. It comes up good stuff done in a few minutes and kids will enjoy making it. Not trying to high Jack your awsome homemade ice cream thread but this is fun quick and delicious.

ngt
06-16-2013, 12:38 PM

lol, In first grade (I teach first grade) we have the balls and the kids roll them back and forth in the park. You can also use a small coffee can inside of a larger coffee can. Only problem is, small portions, but the kids like the process. (solids, liquids, and gases unit)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Play-and-Freeze-Ice-Cream-Maker-The-Mega-Ball-Quart-RED-/00/s/Mzk4WDQwOA==/z/NIMAAMXQ~TtRMNgW/$T2eC16R,!)UE9s3wCMZWBRMNgWGICQ~~60_12.JPG