PDA

View Full Version : Ling Tourney

sethonious
05-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Why should bass fishermen have all the fun? I think we should put together a ling tourney out of bodega sometime in August. Is this kind of thing legal? Do we need to clear it with fish n game? Here are the proposed rules.

1) One fish per entrant. In the interest of conservation you should only get to enter one fish. All entries must be into the dock by 1300 h.
2) 5 Dollar entry winner take all
3) You must bring a fryer and oil, as we enter the second phase of this tourney... fish and chips cooking contest.
4) Cook your own fish.
5) The people vote on who has the best fish and chips and there is another 5$ entery into the cooking contest
6) Share with as many folks as you can and if you are selected the cooking contest winner you can win that purse.
7) Use whatever means to have the best plate of fish fry... award winning batter, secret home grown potatoes, killer tartar sauce, free homemade beer. Whatever will give you an edge with the public is allowed.

Does this sound like fun to anyone? It could be a combination fish derby and cooking contest.

TSL
05-05-2006, 08:24 AM
i'm in

TSL

LingSlayer
05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I am already there ;)

Laporte_1
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Fishing, food, & beer? Na, Too good to be true! Did you say this W/end? ;D My personal best is a 41"er. Makes a lot O fish & chips. :o My hats in the ring.

dadams
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
sounds like alot of fun. you might want to make two different divisions, one for shore anglers and one for boats, might get a few more people involved. Why stop at $5 bucks, lets make it $20 and the winner can afford to fill up one of there gas tanks on the way home :'(

TSL
05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
did you say gas tank?
dont you mean gas can

TSL

Mickey_Thomas
05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Sounds like fun, 2 of my favorite things, fishing and eating. 8-) 8-) Better find a date fast, campsites in Bodega fill up fast in August and we'll need at least 2 months before to make reservations ;) When can we fish for rock fish? When do they open the season?

Sea_Snake
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Iam in, keep us informed ;D

MB_Kevin
05-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry to Hi-jack this thread ::)
There is a panfish tournament this weekend Saturday the 13th. Lake amador $20 entry fee. Not a lot of people in it yet So if interested check the top thread on the panfish board. ;)

The Ling Tourney sounds cool too. If bank anglers allowed I might go check it out.

sethonious
05-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Alright it is on. I will get more details as I make them. I'll sit down and plan this out. This is going to be great. If it works maybe I'll make it an anual thing...