PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go for a week?

shasta_steve
06-15-2013, 08:14 AM
I have a week off starting the 21st. Trying to figure out where I should go. My parents are planning on bringing their motorhome. They don't handle the heat too well and I am going to be in a tent. As of now thinking about Trinity Lake, Lake Almanor or maybe Stampede. I am new to Kokanee fishing and would not mind being able to go after some Kokanee or Kings. Anyone got any ideas about where would be a good place to fish and camp this time of year? I have only ever camped at Almanor and it was a lot of years ago. Any other ideas?

Thanks

XPL051v3
06-15-2013, 09:05 AM
I've heard Bucks Lake has been producing nice fish and some macks too! I've been wanting to go there but I haven't bought my down riggers yet. I read a few reports of some nice macks being caught. It's higher up similar to Almanor elevation so should be nice.

-Xzi

Line Stretcher
06-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a week off starting the 21st. Trying to figure out where I should go. My parents are planning on bringing their motorhome. They don't handle the heat too well and I am going to be in a tent. As of now thinking about Trinity Lake, Lake Almanor or maybe Stampede. I am new to Kokanee fishing and would not mind being able to go after some Kokanee or Kings. Anyone got any ideas about where would be a good place to fish and camp this time of year? I have only ever camped at Almanor and it was a lot of years ago. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Steve, that's about the dumbest question I ever heard...:appledancing:

Go read my latest Eagle Lake Thread. We've got room for one more. Bring your boat.

If you want, you can home base out of Spaulding and side trip to Almanor and Pyramid or any of the other lakes in the area. They don't call that area 1,000 lakes for nothing...

shasta_steve
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Steve, that's about the dumbest question I ever heard...:appledancing:

Go read my latest Eagle Lake Thread. We've got room for one more. Bring your boat.

If you want, you can home base out of Spaulding and side trip to Almanor and Pyramid or any of the other lakes in the area. They don't call that area 1,000 lakes for nothing...

Well you convinced me. I just called Mom and we are going back to Eagle Lake. Probably still going to stay on the South end because it is cheap and has electricity. As you got to see my Dad does not walk too well and needs his scooter. Mom and my Wife like to be close to Susanville. I would like to put some faces to the names one here. Looking forward to seeing you there.

BIG_ONE
06-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Stanislaus National Forest...extremely good trout fishing up there with both planters and beautiful natives.

Line Stretcher
06-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Well you convinced me. I just called Mom and we are going back to Eagle Lake. Probably still going to stay on the South end because it is cheap and has electricity. As you got to see my Dad does not walk too well and needs his scooter. Mom and my Wife like to be close to Susanville. I would like to put some faces to the names one here. Looking forward to seeing you there.

There ya go, I can't see how it won't be a fun trip. I just talked to one of the retired produce managers for Safeway and he's going up Friday but staying with friends in Spaulding.

I look forward to seeing you up there!

Steve