PDA

View Full Version : north river - fishing alone

flasher
06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi to all other north river boat owners. I am hoping you can help me with my problem. When fishing alone, and bringing boat into dock the wind is sometimes my worst enemy. I need some Ideas to help land when I am fishing alone. I have the north river ez loader boat trailer, but the boat seems to walk onto the trailer from side to side which make it impossible for one person. I have found that loading by hand is easiest and fastest way. thanks in advance Scott

49erbassman
06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Do you have any guides on the trailer? These keep the boat from swaying off the rails on the trailer.

Fish on!

K-15
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Do you have any guides on the trailer? These keep the boat from swaying off the rails on the trailer.

Fish on!

This and you might try not backing the trailer as deep,...power up a little and drive up on.. Mike

flasher
06-19-2013, 02:11 AM
thanks to all replies! looks like a trip with a friend and spend more time getting it right before my next solo trip. 49er - the trailer does have guides. maybe I am just too deep. i think more ramp time on slow fishing days is in order. Drinkinbuddy is right "practice practice practice" thanks again - scott

scnt junky
06-19-2013, 05:01 AM
With my jet I pull the trailer to where the top of my fenders sit about 1 inch out of the water and I pull mine on every time wind or no wind. Hope that helps

delta916
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Does your EZ loader have rollers or bunks. Bunks IMO are much easier. Add chine guides and your set.

whatsername
06-20-2013, 01:57 PM
My bet is the trailer is too deep. Whatsername(22 North River Commander jet)is the easiest boat Ive ever owned to load/unload. It is on a North River aluminum trailer. Load/unload it by myself every time. The key on my application is to have all of the fender out of the water. Sneak up to the trailer, power on until touching the bow stop. Experiment. Maybe dip trailer deeper to unload, shallower to load. Great boats. You'll get it. Whatsername.

Johnbrad
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
If it is really windy, it's good to slowly fish out into safe water while you are unhooking them and helping them recover in the water.