PDA

View Full Version : Old River?

Nor*Cal
06-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Anybody ever fish old river outside of Knights landing? I have seen cars parked out there before but never fished it? Any bass in there? Let me know!

delta916
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Anybody ever fish old river outside of Knights landing? I have seen cars parked out there before but never fished it? Any bass in there? Let me know!

Old River is in the south delta. Are you talking about the Sacramento river? I don't know of any other river in the Knights Landing area

Pintail
06-19-2013, 04:28 PM
If you are talking the sealed off oxbow that somewhat surrounds the ground that is the hog farm. It has fish, and maybe a little of everything. After the last time it was flooded it even had land locked sturgeon. Fished it last year in a toon with friends and caught some bass not off the hook but did catch some. One friend that was in tube and didn't stay with us was harassed by a pair of angry otters. As his grundel was in the water:1fishshark5rv:, he was nervous but finally, inspired he finned away from them.

drinkinbuddy
06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
If you are talking the sealed off oxbow that somewhat surrounds the ground that is the hog farm. It has fish, and maybe a little of everything. After the last time it was flooded it even had land locked sturgeon. Fished it last year in a toon with friends and caught some bass not off the hook but did catch some. One friend that was in tube and didn't stay with us was harassed by a pair of angry otters. As his grundel was in the water:1fishshark5rv:, he was nervous but finally, inspired he finned away from them.

That was funny, I just crossed my legs thinking about that!

Nor*Cal
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Old River is in the south delta. Are you talking about the Sacramento river? I don't know of any other river in the Knights Landing area

I am talking about the area circled in red in the picture below. 15059

haha sounds hilarious! Wow so there are fish in there, huh? I'm going to have to fish it sometime! Thanks a lot Pintail.

delta916
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Yup, that's the hog farm.

Nor*Cal
06-21-2013, 09:32 AM
How deep is this area? does it have any hogs in it?