PDA

View Full Version : Shark fishing(or any fish)off the piers

lookingforfish
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the sharks are hitting off San Mateo or Dumbartin Piers? If not are they hitting anywhere? I am a middle school teacher who does a fishing club with some students. They wanted to go shark fishing and I have no idea what to use. If you have some advise for fishing for anything off the bay piersand which pier I would I'd appriciate it. We are going this weekend 4/29.

fisherdude4eva
04-26-2006, 05:41 PM
thats funny. I went fishing with my middle school teacher just this weekend. I went to the steps on redwood city many months ago and caught a small leapord. Dumbarton bridge I have been to once and on the very first part of the pier, we casted with pileworms and shrimp next to the pilings of the bridge. There were lotsa good-sized barred perch there. Also we hooked unto a small leopard. Good fight on light tackle.

MB_Kevin
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
There might not be as many as usual because of all the fresh water getting in the bay but it might have cleared by the 29th. I would just get a bag of squid and get it to the bottom off any pier in the bay. You should get sharks and maybe a sting ray...If you got really lucky you could hook into a striper this time of year.
Good luck.