PDA

View Full Version : SF BAY FROM GATE TO ANGEL

Jrob
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I've been fishing the North Bay. If I head down by the gate, whats the best way to fish it, anchor? troll?. What kind of bait, and are there hazards to watch for?
Looking to launch out of Sausalito.

Any advice would help.

Thanks.
JROB

brendensboat
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
what are u fishing for
brenden

Jrob
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry, I am looking to catch anything at this point. Stripers, halibut, shark, Basically anything good to eat.
I've never taken my boat in that area so I would like to troll first to check it out.
Being so close to the ocean salmon could be an option, I'm not sure how far up the bay they would go.

cuhogn
04-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Most fishing this area now are drifting bait, dead or Live with live being the most productive. West side of Angel drifting into the beachs on an incoming can be productive for halibut and stripers close to the rocks. Alcatraz can be good but water in this area can really be moving and the rock piles (Arch, Harding and Snag)everbody fishes for stripers on the income can eat a lot of gear until you figure it out, there is also a sand area on the west side that does produce halibut.
The area by the old Berkely pier is also a good area for halibuts and stripers. This area can be trolled, few snags and productive water depths run from 13' to about 35'.
California City is an area for salmon in the bay but don't look for that to be good until around Sept.
Look for the boats and you will find the spots, good luck.