PDA

View Full Version : Still There

Clearwaterkid
06-27-2013, 03:06 PM
My grandfather died just a few days ago and still he's giving to me.
My grandmother told me he found this lure and wanted to give it to me but I wasn't here at the time. Its a Mepps Aglia Long from some twenty years ago in its original packing. Old man still surprizes me I'll miss him.

drinkinbuddy
07-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Grandfathers like that are one-of-a-kind. It's been 20+ years since my grandfather passed and I still miss him to this day. I have a lot of fond memories of him taking me fishing as a kid and teaching me how to fish proper. When ever the fishing was tuff for that day my grandfather always seem to come into fish. Good times...

Drinkinbuddy

Clearwaterkid
07-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah, The saddest part for me at least is that, according to my dad, all he really talked about was fishing with me and we never got that last trip....

49erbassman
07-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Good stuff kid!! My grandfather was the biggest influence in my life and more of a father for me. Never had the opportunity to fish with him but most of everything I have and do is a result of him. Great man and I miss him dearly!!

Fish on!

fishingfrieda
07-14-2013, 09:24 PM
I remember my grandpa was the first person who ever took me fishing, and the first fish I ever caught. Now he has been dead for around 15 years and I can still picture that day and his face and smile like it was yesterday. Funny how they don't know the memories they are creating. Still brings a smile to my face when I think about that day. Sorry you lost your poppa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2