PDA

View Full Version : 20 inches on the first cast

Clearwaterkid
06-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Okay so I just went with my dad to lake siskiyou for a short fishing trip. On my first cast I hooked into a beautiful 20 inch stockie. It gave me a two minute fight on the four-pound line/spinning reel/flyrod set up I had.
If anyone remembers that post, it hit the same brass and black rooster tail the brown hit on.
I stopped fishing after that, I needed no icing on that cake.

salmonid
06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Nice fish you got, but there's usually one bigger or meaner to catch!

Best,

49erbassman
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
First cast confidence is great next time keep at it lol. Good work on the catch!

Fish on!

Clearwaterkid
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought about fishing more but watching the fish cruise off was perfect, especially when an osprey hit another fish a few seconds later. I got enough out of that trip.

WhopperStopper
06-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Its great catching a fish on the first cast. A 20" stocker is a nice one too

iggybabble
06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
ive become sorta superstitious.......the number ive times ive hooked up first cast, particularly on a nice fish, then gone without another bite all day.......especially when ive been arrogant enough to comment after catching on the first cast, "this is gonna be great fishing"

Clearwaterkid
06-28-2013, 10:33 AM
ive become sorta superstitious.......the number ive times ive hooked up first cast, particularly on a nice fish, then gone without another bite all day.......especially when ive been arrogant enough to comment after catching on the first cast, "this is gonna be great fishing"
You and I, have led similar lives.