PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how to rebuild?

BIG_ONE
07-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I am looking to purchase a used rod in the future. And I would like to get the rod stripped down, cleaned, re-wrap with new guides, shrink wrap handle, new reel seat and etc. Anyone knows who can get it done?

Line Stretcher
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
I am looking to purchase a used rod in the future. And I would like to get the rod stripped down, cleaned, re-wrap with new guides, shrink wrap handle, new reel seat and etc. Anyone knows who can get it done?

Try this guy - FlyMAX (707) 578-3587 - I have it on good authority that he's excellent.

BIG_ONE
07-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Try this guy - FlyMAX (707) 578-3587 - I have it on good authority that he's excellent.

Thanks for the contact. Does he work well with surf rods as well?

Line Stretcher
07-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the contact. Does he work well with surf rods as well?

I'm not sure, he advertises rod building and if you know the basics, it's pretty straight forward. I used to build them but I don't have the room or time to do it anymore.

Angry Sturgeon
07-12-2013, 06:25 PM
I can help you out if your near sacramento, let me know exactly what you want and I will make it happen.

vicscustomrods
08-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Give Victor of Vic's Custom Rods a call at 707-430-3941, He has been building rods since he was 7 years old and he can help you our with everything you will need and help you with every step of the way to make a wonderful rod.[

Ryan808
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM

You would be better off starting with a fresh blank to build on. The labor in stripping the handle and the seat is not a clean and easy task. New components and a fresh build will be cheaper and make your rod builder happier. I would say the only reason to redo a whole rod is if it had sentimental value to you. Either way good luck with the build.