PDA

View Full Version : Good Fishing for the Morning

HappyPoppa
07-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Gonna be fishing early on Monday morning and was wondering if anyone has any decent fishing reports for that hour in the Sacramento Area. Will be banking it. Any help would be appreciated!

HappyPoppa
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I am waking up at about 4am so I will drive up to an hour away from Sacramento.

Katfish
07-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Gonna be fishing early on Monday morning and was wondering if anyone has any decent fishing reports for that hour in the Sacramento Area. Will be banking it. Any help would be appreciated!

What are you looking to fish for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

HappyPoppa
07-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I am open to pretty much anything except for Carp. I have been skunked my last 2 fishing trips and need to hook something.

49erbassman
07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Right now in the Sac area most fishing is hit or miss. I would hit a local pond or try for stripers on the AR if it were me. Other than that take a drive out to 8 mile rd

Fish on!

HappyPoppa
07-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Any local ponds come to mind?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM
If it were me, Id hit 8 mile as 49er suggested with a bait rod for stripes and cats and a second rod throwing for bass. Rattle-traps and other lipless cranks parallel to the rock walls. Senkos in front of the tullies and brush. Hot colors have been grn/pumpkin seed and grn/watermelon on the senkos. And depending on the amount of running around I wanted to do I might also hit Guard road doing the same techniques. Last week the AM bite started about 0730 and turned off by 0830 in that area. However, it all changed last sunday and the bite died considerably. Even the regular bass guys I spoke with on sunday said they struggled. Sorry I dont have a more recent report for this week as Id much rather still be down there on the water than working all week

~RNP

HappyPoppa
07-11-2013, 07:26 PM
If it were me, Id hit 8 mile as 49er suggested with a bait rod for stripes and cats and a second rod throwing for bass. Rattle-traps and other lipless cranks parallel to the rock walls. Senkos in front of the tullies and brush. Hot colors have been grn/pumpkin seed and grn/watermelon on the senkos. And depending on the amount of running around I wanted to do I might also hit Guard road doing the same techniques. Last week the AM bite started about 0730 and turned off by 0830 in that area. However, it all changed last sunday and the bite died considerably. Even the regular bass guys I spoke with on sunday said they struggled. Sorry I dont have a more recent report for this week as Id much rather still be down there on the water than working all week

~RNP

Thank you very much for the report. I have never fished 8 mile but would I just go to the far west end and fish there? I love fishing with two poles and could soak some dines while I lure fish for a while.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Id start at the first bridge where Paradise Point marina is and work my way west from there. There are 2 sloughs before you reach the end of 8 mile that produce well. Depending on tides and temps both bridges will hold fish around their pilings. I havent tried fishing the west end of 8 mile since they finished building the "mystery" pump there on the SJ side but you used to be able to drive all the way to the SJ and park there.

Id try dines and chovies on the bait rod. Chovies will attract more smaller stripes with the occasional bigger one, but Ive found dines fairly unproductive in that area this year.

~RNP

HappyPoppa
07-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Id start at the first bridge where Paradise Point marina is and work my way west from there. There are 2 sloughs before you reach the end of 8 mile that produce well. Depending on tides and temps both bridges will hold fish around their pilings. I havent tried fishing the west end of 8 mile since they finished building the "mystery" pump there on the SJ side but you used to be able to drive all the way to the SJ and park there.

Id try dines and chovies on the bait rod. Chovies will attract more smaller stripes with the occasional bigger one, but Ive found dines fairly unproductive in that area this year.

~RNP

I really appreciate the advice. I will let you guys know how it goes!

FresnoJack
07-12-2013, 04:14 PM
You can access the Fish Sniffer reports under the Reports tab at the top of the page.

Try looking for lake and steam names within the individual Freshwater Forums from the Forums tab.

The Sacramento Bee has its weekly fishing reports on-line
Fishing Line: Week of July 10, 2013 - Outdoors - The Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/08/5552158/fishing-line-week-of-june-17-2013.html)

HappyPoppa
07-13-2013, 05:21 AM
You can access the Fish Sniffer reports under the Reports tab at the top of the page.

Try looking for lake and steam names within the individual Freshwater Forums from the Forums tab.

The Sacramento Bee has its weekly fishing reports on-line
Fishing Line: Week of July 10, 2013 - Outdoors - The Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/08/5552158/fishing-line-week-of-june-17-2013.html)

Thank you for that link. I will be researching several spots. The hard part now seems to be picking one! wherever I go I will let you all know how I did.

LURKER916
07-13-2013, 05:40 AM
I just got done throwing swim baits on the AR. nada.

At around 10 am the AR is going to become a GIRLS GONE WILD river day.
It's the down the river day so do t waste your time fishing it
There is gonna be so much trash this afternoon. And most likely a drowning. Or two.

Hate this event.