PDA

View Full Version : New to Sac area need help!

Flaboy
07-17-2013, 04:57 PM
hi all. I'm new to the Sacramento area, I'm in the Air Force and live in vacaville, not to far from sac. Anyways, I have had my kids here all summer and we have had no luck. they leave here in a few short weeks and I need to get them on some fish. fishing has always been our thing and I have failed tbem all summer. doesn't matter what kind of fish, just something. They are 7 and 9 years old. Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
Jason

WhopperStopper
07-17-2013, 05:26 PM
My suggestion would be to bait fish with anchovies or sardines in the delta for striper or go after some bluegills with redworms under a bobber.

WhopperStopper
07-17-2013, 05:27 PM
How far are you willing to travel from vacaville to fish?

salmonid
07-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Where have you tried with the kids so far and had poor luck? Maybe you were using the wrong bait or lures?

If you use a night crawler in any water around here, seems like there's fish everywhere.

Got this guy into one yesterday:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/members/salmonid-albums-sacto-area-fish-log-picture15590-nstripe-small.jpg

redneckpunk
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
welcome to the boards! I would suggest a quick update of what and where youve already tried and as suggested how far youre willing to travel for fish. With that info Im sure we can put together a game plan for you or at least assist with the one you already have, and put you onto some fish

~RNP

Grant916
07-18-2013, 07:40 AM
You can always take them to the Deep Water Channel in West Sac. Use cut sardines, liver or anything that has stink and get them into some catfish.

Flaboy
07-18-2013, 04:36 PM
You can always take them to the Deep Water Channel in West Sac. Use cut sardines, liver or anything that has stink and get them into some catfish.

how do I get to deep water chanel?

AnglingWes
07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Jason,

Glad you made it. The DWC is in West Sac. Just take 80 to Jefferson Blvd. There is a free parking area off Jefferson 2 miles South of the freeway at the Barge Canal Access. The Port and DWC are pretty cool and one of my favorite holes, but I can't imagine its the closest fishing hole to your home.