PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3-17 Bay Shark Report

MoMoney
03-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Spent a few hours in the bay today with the boys lookin for sharks.We didnt get on the water till 9 am.Launched in San Leandro And headed to HP area outside the ship channel.Not even a bite till 11 am ,thats 2 long hours with the youngins aboard.Just then I had a little bite.Told the boys we cant move now Cause I know they are here.My little guy fell asllep and at 11;30 thay started biting non stop!!Not any big ones though.Total count about 12 leapords to 36 inches,8 sevengills to about 36 inches and 2 big rays.My little guy woke up to reel in the last shark at about 1:30.Not a bad day but the big ones still arent on the prowl yet.Maybe a few more weeks.Oh and we did get 1 sandshark.

GCinGV
03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the report, Mo Money. Tough with the little guys sometimes but well worth it to watch them reel one in.
Did you get them on the in-comming or out-go?
Thanks GC

TSL
03-20-2006, 10:42 AM
agreed about the young ones
i do best when i can instantly find fish even if they are smaller
thanks fro the report and it sounds like you had an excellent time

TSL

MoMoney
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the report, Mo Money. Tough with the little guys sometimes but well worth it to watch them reel one in.
Did you get them on the in-comming or out-go?
Thanks GC
It was comin in when the fish started biting

brendensboat
03-20-2006, 08:37 PM
good day,
is the ship channel at the end of the channel out from san leandro? or is it farther out,
i go right at the end of the san leandro channe,and can only manage to get leopards, and mayby 1 or 2 rays, never any 7gills sandshark,or big rays,
how deep is the ship channel?

MoMoney
03-21-2006, 04:44 AM
I am over closer to the other side of the bay by hunters point or oyster point marina.Ther are shipping channel markers straight out from there.The water is 31 or 32 feet deep over there.I usually get 1 sevengill every other trip but this time there was more than usual.But all of the sharks were small.

brendensboat
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
thanks man, i thought so, but i wasent sure,
i was out a few weeks ago when the weather was nice and we landed over 25 leopards and a nice ray,
i will try the deeper water next time,
it seems to me there are more fish in the deeper water..
8-13 feet usually work ok but 20-30 feet sounds tepting..
brenden