PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with the Sam Roe?

snook135
07-21-2013, 12:35 PM
So I have some Roe from a fish caught yesterday, tried a search but came up with too many options.

I saved some for the table, but whats the best way to preserve and use for fishing?

FolsomFishing
07-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Search Google for "curing salmon roe". There are many ways to do it, it's up to opinion on which is best.

kris k
07-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Nah. You don't want to keep that. Let me know a good time and ill come by, pick it up and properly "dispose of it"

lol....but seriously, if you don't want it .....

;-)

LURKER916
07-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I am not keeping any roe this year. It's a pain in the butt. And I never even use it later.

BeefCakeScout
07-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Brown sugar,salt,borax.....done

redneckpunk
07-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I am not keeping any roe this year. It's a pain in the butt. And I never even use it later.

Last year I gave mine to my neighbor just for that reason...Im getting lazy in my old age

~RNP

WLShafor
07-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Cooked roe is great on eggs or any dish! Easy to do! Check this out simple easy and tasty!

Salted & Smoked Salmon Roe

By Jenny Published: January 9, 2012

Yield: 50+ Servings
Prep: 20-30 mins
Cook: 30-45 mins
Ready In: 50 mins

Salted and smoked roe is delicious, nutrient dense ingredient that can be added to many dishes.

Ingredients

1/4 cup unrefined sea salt
3 lbs wild-caught salmon roe in their skeins

Instructions

Rinse the skeins of roe in a gentle stream of filtered water (you can find a good filter here). Pat them dry and dredge them lightly in unrefined sea salt. Set them in a pan to cure for about twenty to thirty minutes while you prepare the wood for smoking.

Once the smoker is preheated, drain off any excess liquid from the skeins of roe and brush off any residual salt. Transfer the skeins to the smoker. Smoke for thirty to forty-five minutes. Remove from smoker and refrigerate. Serve this smoked roe as a seasoning or accompaniment to eggs, greens or other foods. If the texture of the skeinís membrane doesnít suit you, you may slit the skein and scoop out the roe with a spoon.

Read more: http://nourishedkitchen.com/salmon-roe-recipe/#ixzz2ZkQ7k1u9

LURKER916
07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Brown sugar,salt,borax.....done

I've tried so many recipes. It all comes out the same. Useless. Even when I've used great cured roe my catch rates still suck.

Bigg A
07-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I've tried so many recipes. It all comes out the same. Useless. Even when I've used great cured roe my catch rates still suck.

Well just hit me up when your landing hens and I'll take the roe

FISH ON COMING DOWN!!!!!

LURKER916
07-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Ill hook u up for sure.

namjagerungbengi
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I need salmon eggs... wife loves them. I'll take some off anyone's hands!!