PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay 7-25-2013

buzzardsluck
07-26-2013, 06:07 PM
First trip of the year limits for all 17-31lbs. headed out to the rocks for a limit of Lings also. All Salmon caught trolling. Weather was great. Anchovies was the bait of choice. One of our fisherman hooked a 8-9' Thresher Shark that went airborn two times before cutting the leader. spectacular display I wish we could have got a picture. buzzard

Line Stretcher
07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Wow, sounds like a great trip. I was thinking about heading over there tomorrow but I think I'll go to Berryessa on Sunday instead.

salmonid
07-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Sweet! Nice to have Bodega as close as it is.

Best,

kris k
07-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Great report. What area of bodega bay were you fishing if you don't mind sharing..

dennis l
07-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a great day, sharks are fun when they get off the hook. :bananatiedie:

Dennis

Pintail
07-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Great report and good on you.

I did a couple of combat ramp/fishing trips this year and did well. But the ramp at Westside burned me out. So I must ask now the WFO bite is gone, is the ramp somewhat more calm?

salmonid
07-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Wait a minute... Are you sure the WFO bite has died down?? I haven't had a chance to get back out there yet and I'm just starting to get it dialed in!!! LOL.

I am seeing more fish in the river though, so maybe they are starting to come home.

Best,

Great report and good on you.

I did a couple of combat ramp/fishing trips this year and did well. But the ramp at Westside burned me out. So I must ask now the WFO bite is gone, is the ramp somewhat more calm?

buzzardsluck
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
can't answer the questions very well because it was my first trip to that area. Fish were 8 miles away from the launch at dillons. The only thing we did was look for other boats. There were plenty of them out there. We were only 200 yds off the bank. Going back Monday hope it is just as good. Find the boats and the bait and your in. We caught most of the fish in 47-100' of water and we were away from the moochers. Its hard to troll through them when there are 20-30 boats doing it. Our run to catch bottom fish was 12 miles from the salmon spot but it was well worth it. most of the fish were lings, I don't think we caught one undersized ling. I also don't know what WFO stands for. buzzard

Pintail
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Well Buzz if you left out of Dillons you out smarted most of the cluster that can be found at Westside. And WFO means a Wide ......... Open bite. My last trip there 3 of us limited in an hour, to 30 lbs. That is WFO.

At the time, avoided and heard of lines almost out to highway 1.

Going back this weekend. Finally got all my personal infrastructure in order, new well and a non functional septic tank fixed. All renewed in 2 weekends. That is what the fishing addiction can do for inspiration. But boy howdy, I'm tired. And yes I did wash my hands in between.

Now it's time to fish