PDA

View Full Version : Tuna Rolls

GNappers
07-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Last year I had 2 really good trips out of Moss fishing for albacore. Gave away a bunch and decided to finally buy a vacuum packer and freeze a bunch. Since I never made sushi I bought some seaweed and sushi rice. Here's my last batch.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/GNappers/Fishing%20Stuff/b5f7cee6-9ba9-41fb-a3f3-b275ea6679dc.jpg (http://s844.photobucket.com/user/GNappers/media/Fishing%20Stuff/b5f7cee6-9ba9-41fb-a3f3-b275ea6679dc.jpg.html)

Duffel bag
07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Looks good.

Which ones are better, the ones with the melted cheese or the ones with the BBQ sauce?

drinkinbuddy
07-30-2013, 09:34 PM
I say that's nacho cheese sauce..lol

on a serious note I am curious what your sauces are. I used to make maki rolls quite often but this was a long time ago when sauces were not used.

GNappers
07-30-2013, 10:22 PM
One is a sweet terriyaki sauce with soy, sesame seed oil, lemon juice. The other is a spicy sauce made from thousand island and siracha. "Cheese?" Brother please. Forgot to mention I got a report of tuna being caught out of Monterey so hopefully I can get out soon. Love sushi and was surprised how after a few try's I could make some good sh**. Maki is that the seaweed on the outside? Save a lot of money making sushi instead of going to a sushi bar.

drinkinbuddy
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I was just kidding about the cheese, that would be gross. The term Maki is the type of roll it is and Nori is the seaweed wrapping paper. I used to make sushi quite a bit back in the day and I even had a sushi party. Sushi is fun to make but unless you have quality ingredients it will taste like like it was made in a cafeteria. I was reading a post from another site where this guy took fresh tuna loin and wrapped it in prociutto, pan fried it and made a sauce for it topped off with scallions. Looked mighty tasty. You may want to google salt water forums or tuna and see if it pops up. I will see if I can find it, if I do I will put it up in here. Thanks for telling me about the sauces, I may just break out the bamboo sushi roller and make it again after seeing yours.

Drinkinbuddy

SalmoClarki
08-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Maki is a type of sushi. Nori is the toasted seaweed used for the wrap.

GNappers
08-03-2013, 11:45 PM
I meant to say is Maki when you put the seaweed on the outside? At Outback they do Blackened ahi which I would Like to try with albacore.