08-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone use this or heard of them it seem pretty cool

http://www.troutberry.com/main.php

Jetspray
08-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Doubble post are you trying to sell something?:inviz6pf:

ef9boy88
08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I have never used or heard of them, but honestly I have never had a problem with my scent getting on the bait preventing trout from biting.

hooks
08-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Not a fan!!

Captain Compassion
08-03-2013, 04:43 PM

TroutBerry (http://www.troutberry.com/main.php)

Take a bit of bait. Roll it in a circular motion between the palms. Insert hook. Trout don't know what humans smell like.:oldangryman:

CC

Jetspray
08-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Not a fan!!

"PUREST":action-smiley-034:......Jetspray

Jetspray
08-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Take a bit of bait. Roll it in a circular motion between the palms. Insert hook. Trout don't know what humans smell like.:oldangryman:

CC

It helps if you have tobacco hands.........Jetspray

hooks
08-03-2013, 05:34 PM
"PUREST":action-smiley-034:......Jetspray

You'll get there..... one of these days!!

LOL

Jetspray
08-03-2013, 05:51 PM
You'll get there..... one of these days!!

LOL

I have always been there, I just fish with one who is not in the same vain. Love the guy but he thinks all of my stuff is just "junk":action-smiley-034:. I'm just sayin"........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
08-03-2013, 06:37 PM
he thinks all of my stuff is just "junk":action-smiley-034:. I'm just sayin"........Jetspray

Not junk but perhaps superfluous. Should think about opening Dave's Tackle Shop.

CC

GAMFISHIN
08-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Now why didInot think of that!

FresnoJack
08-04-2013, 05:21 AM
I use them all the time. There is a little notch for your leader so you form the dough ball right around the hook.

TroutBerry (http://www.troutberry.com/main.php)

Marv
08-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Save your money and buy a beer :) I have one, I also have the Power bait sling that holds three jars and hangs from a beener off your belt loop. Used both once and tossed them in the "useless pile" :)

Just use your hands, a simple ball is all that's needed. For a while I used a 1/2 or 1/4tsp. Measuring cup (sounds big but itis about the same size as the press. Just get a scoop of dough scrape the excess off back into the jar of dough, smash your hook in the dough that is still in the scoop and pull, it will plop out in a perfect little dome. Got tired of that and now I use my hands.

Either method you choose, dunk your dough in the water for a few seconds before you cast. It doesn't flick off as easy that way.

Cali Duck
08-04-2013, 11:01 AM
My wife would appreciate it if I used this product, but I'm a minimalist and don't mind the stink for a day. Try to fish with as light of stuff as possible. Pole, tackle, powerbait, and a stringer is all I need to hook some trout!

Jetspray
08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Not junk but perhaps superfluous. Should think about opening Dave's Tackle Shop.

CC
I believe those were the exact words you chose. Some is better than none when it comes to tackle.......Jetspray

seeinred
08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
they had what looked like a cross between a plunger and a syringe in the mid 90s...but it seems like another useless tool marketed towards taking up room in ur tackle bag....roll a ball...it ur worried about scent...pre-roll ur balls with gloves on...still worried add pro cure or some scent to "mask" any left over scents...

from my experience they really don't care...its powerbait after all.

Captain Compassion
08-04-2013, 12:12 PM
When I return from fishing it's sometimes with Gulp colored palms. The wife makes take off all my clothes and hoses me down in the front yard.

CC

IronClad
08-04-2013, 12:13 PM
they had what looked like a cross between a plunger and a syringe in the mid 90s...but it seems like another useless tool marketed towards taking up room in ur tackle bag....roll a ball...it ur worried about scent...pre-roll ur balls with gloves on...still worried add pro cure or some scent to "mask" any left over scents...

from my experience they really don't care...its powerbait after all.

Pretty much ! if they are going to eat power bait they dont care if you spit all over it or had god knows what on your hands

seeinred
08-04-2013, 12:44 PM
When I return from fishing it's sometimes with Gulp colored palms. The wife makes take off all my clothes and hoses me down in the front yard.

CC

take a rag with you and wash ur hands after you bait up. keeps ur equipment looking clean as well...who wants rainbow powerbait on their rod/reel? maybe my daughter...

Jetspray
08-04-2013, 03:32 PM
take a rag with you and wash ur hands after you bait up. keeps ur equipment looking clean as well...who wants rainbow powerbait on their rod/reel? maybe my daughter...

I carry paper towels (VIVA) because I wear prescription sunglasses (polarized) and keep things clean with that. On most days it can get real busy when catching and releasing a lot of fish. When on the boat I always carry rags:professor24jj:......Jetspray