PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Rock Opener, 4th of July

donzitroller
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I know it's a ways away, but the campgrounds fill up quick in Bodega.. Just made reservations today, can't wait to get back out there! Anyone else camp at Bodega that weekend? Looking forward to getting the new boat in the big water!

FISH ON!

Flipper266
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Donzi that is 158 days away!!!!!

UR DEDICATED!!! ;D
Ill be out there on my kayak. Dont go too fast by me.. ;)

Flipper266
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Actually that is around 170 days away...
Sorry...

ric1ric
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I am sure Donzi will be keeping that new boat busy till then

GCinGV
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Donzi,
What campground did you book, Doran, Westside, dunes?
Your Bodega pics post got me wanting to go pretty bad. This season I never got a chance to get out and was the first year I havenít gone rock fishing since 1990 so I really want to go now. Canít wait.
GC

donzitroller
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
NEVER too early! Don't expect to call up in June and get a campground for 4th of July weekend! Westside is where we'll be staying, I like the boat ramps much better there!

AllFishNoWork
01-24-2006, 06:43 PM
The wife and I wil be in Ft Bragg for the opener. Good suggestion to resv's early ;)

The_Reel_Won
01-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Ha! Small world. Yup I'll be there, been there the last three years. Did you decide on that boat cover? Jimmy

I know it's a ways away, but the campgrounds fill up quick in Bodega.. Just made reservations today, can't wait to get back out there! Anyone else camp at Bodega that weekend? Looking forward to getting the new boat in the big water!

FISH ON!

FF_MYRL
02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
what date does the rock fishing open for bodega? does it open on july 4th, or is that just when you are going to be there? I am going to make my reservations at doran park tomorrow.

triggerfish
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
It opens on July 1st,but seeing as the 1st lands on a saturday the wind will probbaly be about 30 kts. with 10 ft seas :(!

Team_Sheryl_Lee
02-13-2006, 11:57 AM
only 10'?

TSL

blue_chrush
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
why would you chance getting blown out up there,
when you could fish HMB or santa cruz which is
a better bet for weather and rock fish.....
ano is a for sure limit of some great fish...
and the summer is small surf with clam winds...
just wondering....?

aintscared
02-14-2006, 01:07 AM
it was a bit windy last year there but not bad.. it was warm and sunny and we caught fish... all in all it was a great weekend.. one 14lb halibut, couple keeper lings , and a load of nearshore rockys. all oout of my boat, the aintscared

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6379/dsc001015gp.th.png (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc001015gp.png)

aintscared
02-14-2006, 01:28 AM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/339/dsc000477kr.th.png (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000477kr.png) 8)

65whaler
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
i hope this thread isn't a jinx - as this date has been subject to change - that said, i'll be there.

Team_Sheryl_Lee
02-15-2006, 03:42 PM
i keep looking for a may 1st opening of 40 fathoms

wish in one hand and see what ends up in the other

TSL

FF_MYRL
02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I made my reservations today for Doran park. I'll be there!

The_Reel_Won
02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Well in my case Blue, *because Abalone close's for a month in July. So June 30th a friday will be our last chance at these tasty snails until August. So we do Abalone, rock fish and Salmon that weekend. Annnnd even though Ano Nuvo has a great fishery and a way shorter ride from HMB and SC? *I'll put my north coast rockies and lings up against them any day. ;D; Last year it blew on the opener but the last day for Abalone was nice. We still got three good days in even though the ride was wild once we pulled in over our spots it was'nt that bad and the fishing was crazy hot! and full coolers for everybody involved. We rent a house and split it at least six ways we roll with three or four boats, and a good time is had by all. Here's wishing you a killer opening this year :)

why would you chance getting blown out up there,
when you could fish HMB or santa cruz which is
a better bet for weather and rock fish.....
ano is a for sure limit of some great fish...
and the summer is small surf with clam winds...
just wondering....?

Rusty_Hooks
02-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Well in my case Blue, because Abalone close's for a month in July. So June 30th a friday will be our last chance at these tasty snails until August. So we do Abalone, rock fish and Salmon that weekend. Annnnd even though Ano Nuvo has a great fishery and a way shorter ride from HMB and SC? I'll put my north coast rockies and lings up against them any day. ;D; Last year it blew on the opener but the last day for Abalone was nice. We still got three good days in even though the ride was wild once we pulled in over our spots it was'nt that bad and the fishing was crazy hot! and full coolers for everybody involved. We rent a house and split it at least six ways we roll with three or four boats, and a good time is had by all. Here's wishing you a killer opening this year :)

Somebody's got a new boat :o

blue_chrush
02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
yup, one hull wasn't enough, he's got 2 now.....lol

the reel one...thanks
I saw your catchs last yr, and with the new
boat and all I'm sure your gonna get out on
the days most of us will not be able too....

will have to have a day set aside just one day
and go head to head and see what comes.....lol
wanna fish for pinks......lol
just kidding... ;D

donzitroller
02-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Ha! *Small world. Yup I'll be there, been there the last three years. *Did you decide on that boat cover? *Jimmy
Jimmy, small world indeed! Matter of fact, I saw your Striper at Westside ramp last year when it was for sale and I thought, man, if I only had a boat like that! As for the cover, my canvas in the back is a semi-permanent install that takes about 20 minutes to take off.. not too convenient to put a cover on when you're in a hurry in the dark on a Sunday night. I think the best way to go is to have a custom cover made that covers the whole thing. Oh yeah, CONGRATS on the new ride! I read your adventure on the SOC.. SWEET!

As for the dates changing, or the weather being rough, Murphy has a way of screwing things up.. but IF things go as scheduled, I'll be covered!

133 Days to go!

Rusty_Hooks
02-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Speaking of new rigs.....1-28-06......

Nice ride Donzi....does it have a heater? ::) ;) ;D ;D

Thatsa nica boata!!......Way too clean though...see what you can do about that 8) ;D ;D