PDA

View Full Version : dont leave bait or trash

QueenAnnesRevenge
08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Pulled into one of my favorite bypass spots and there were a dozen or so cartons of liver and anchovies left there, and roughly 3,000,000 yellow jackets. Also, there was a pile of 60+/- beer cans next to two empty 30 rack Coors light boxes. Cleaned up what I could before the yellow jackets got pissed. I know this is nothing new, but when I was stationed in so cal one of our fishing spots was closed down by the county because of the trash and I would hate to see more bank access lost locally.

BIG_ONE
08-08-2013, 02:24 PM
It happens all the times...and many of those who does that are lurking on this forums as well.

:nunu5pn::nunu5pn::nunu5pn:

Line Stretcher
08-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks for trying to clean it up. Not just anybody would do that.

lunkerdown
08-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Not much you can do but help clean up. There will always be jerks that don't care and leave their crap everywhere. I went to the deep water channel recently and someone had been using chicken livers and was wearing disposable gloves to keep it off their hands. They left every single glove they used and the container in one spot on the bank. There were tons of blue gloves everywhere. I really don't understand why people do it.

Line Stretcher
08-08-2013, 04:42 PM
I really don't understand why people do it.

Poor Parenting

Katfish
08-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for helpin out man.

I haul out a bag or two EVERY TIME I'm down there. Like PDGS said not just anyone would take the time to do it so for that I commend you brother.

If we keep doing what we can to haul this crap out maybe one day we will have the pleasure of noticing a difference.

Ha!!

Well We can always hope right :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
08-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I really don't understand why people do it.

Because they know the rest of us will clean up their mess, so why should they? No different than those who sit on their asses knowing the rest of us will (not by choice) pay for the programs theyre on, pay for their medical insurance, pay for their cell phones, raise their kids, etc.. And its only getting worse. Ad to that a laziness and no sense of pride in their surroundings.

I was working near a McDonalds a couple weeks ago and watched 2 perfect examples of this. First was a car that had gone through the drive thru and parked to eat. One parking spot over from them was a trash can but do you think they bothered to get out of their car when done eating to throw away their trash? Of course not. They opend the car door, set the bag on the ground and drove away. The second incident was a woman in a Landrover who opened her window to throw trash out as she exited the drive thru. Pathetic people we "share" this planet with and a shame you cant just walk up and slap the s**t out of them

~RNP

FresnoJack
08-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I have discovered an exception to Newton's Laws of Physics - an empty bait container weighs more than a full container. How else to explain the fact that those who carried them in are unable to carry them out.

Pulled into one of my favorite bypass spots and there were a dozen or so cartons of liver and anchovies left there, and roughly 3,000,000 yellow jackets. Also, there was a pile of 60+/- beer cans next to two empty 30 rack Coors light boxes. Cleaned up what I could before the yellow jackets got pissed. I know this is nothing new, but when I was stationed in so cal one of our fishing spots was closed down by the county because of the trash and I would hate to see more bank access lost locally.

LURKER916
08-10-2013, 11:25 AM
16042This is the third day in a row we got this much outa the same spot. Couple thousand yards of line. Lame-o

CAL.NDN
08-10-2013, 01:09 PM
It happens all the times...and many of those who does that are lurking on this forums as well.

:nunu5pn::nunu5pn::nunu5pn:

Exactly and they read will clean up after so why would they pick.up after themselves.

CAL.NDN
08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Because they know the rest of us will clean up their mess, so why should they? No different than those who sit on their asses knowing the rest of us will (not by choice) pay for the programs theyre on, pay for their medical insurance, pay for their cell phones, raise their kids, etc.. And its only getting worse. Ad to that a laziness and no sense of pride in their surroundings.

I was working near a McDonalds a couple weeks ago and watched 2 perfect examples of this. First was a car that had gone through the drive thru and parked to eat. One parking spot over from them was a trash can but do you think they bothered to get out of their car when done eating to throw away their trash? Of course not. They opend the car door, set the bag on the ground and drove away. The second incident was a woman in a Landrover who opened her window to throw trash out as she exited the drive thru. Pathetic people we "share" this planet with and a shame you cant just walk up and slap the s**t out of them

~RNP
Exactly sad but true.

memcop
08-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Pathetic and disgusting, hurts everyone down the line.

RideNfish
08-20-2013, 08:52 AM
These are the same people that will be pissed off when access to the spot they used to fish in now denied. They don't even get it they are so stupid. What lot don't know is many many miles of access has already been shut down cause of litter and more will be shut down all the time.

I carry trash bags and haul out too.

49erbassman
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Poor Parenting

Grown adults can't blame everything on poor parenting. If I followed my parents method of parenting I would probably be dead or in jail. We all have to grow up!

These littering idiots are ruining it for all if us. LEO'S need to start writing more litter tickets and hit people where it counts...in their pocketbook!!

Fish on!

nvthis
08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Poor ParentingThis right here, mixed with an obviously under developed brain and lack of basic intellect

anbu_yoshi
08-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Hmmmm. I've done this with sardines before, but my intent was to leave it for the next fisherman to use so I stuck in on top of some ice.

There was no one else around for me to ask if they wanted it, but luckily a few young guys pulled up and I told them where it was. It was a popular spot to bank for stripes, but it appears that my young man logic was flawed.

I take it that I shouldn't be doing this anymore. Chuck the flesh into the water and dispose of the bags later then?

dsa2780
08-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm. I've done this with sardines before, but my intent was to leave it for the next fisherman to use so I stuck in on top of some ice.

There was no one else around for me to ask if they wanted it, but luckily a few young guys pulled up and I told them where it was. It was a popular spot to bank for stripes, but it appears that my young man logic was flawed.

I take it that I shouldn't be doing this anymore. Chuck the flesh into the water and dispose of the bags later then?

Most often, birds or the tide will get it before someone else comes along unless you're at a really busy spot.

Marv
08-21-2013, 07:59 AM
I hate litter bugs!!!

I would love to see a law passed that makes all bait manufactures use biodegradable containers. No reason at all worms can't come in a egg carton type material. Same with cut bait, it should be sold in butcher paper. Nothing can be done about liver though, as it's a food. At leat this would let a chunk of trash biodegrade a lot faster than plastic.

I may catch some heated comments for this next statement: I would be just fine if they outlawed all bait and made it artificial barbless everywhere in Cali.

seeinred
08-21-2013, 08:13 AM
I hate litter bugs!!!

I would love to see a law passed that makes all bait manufactures use biodegradable containers. No reason at all worms can't come in a egg carton type material. Same with cut bait, it should be sold in butcher paper. Nothing can be done about liver though, as it's a food. At leat this would let a chunk of trash biodegrade a lot faster than plastic.

I may catch some heated comments for this next statement: I would be just fine if they outlawed all bait and made it artificial barbless everywhere in Cali.

Even artificial bait is packaged.

It doesn't stop the diapers, propane tanks, and everything else that is left by ignorant people.

Seems like the river is a spot where some think its ok to bring in whatever supplies are needed...use them...and leave the garbage where ever.

It is a cultural issue. Its a learned/taught behavior.

If you've been in a place where its ok to litter, then your not used to keeping your area clean nor do you probably have the environment on your mind. These are the same folks that keep under sized fish and take 5 gallon buckets of bluegill, crappie, and basically keep whatever is caught. When you abuse mother nature she wont re pay kindly.

The levees will get shut down because of moral lack of character in a limited amount of fisherman. The majority of people take what they bring (I hope). But its the guys that CONSTANTLY bring in trash and leave it behind that will destroy fishing spots for all who want to enjoy the rivers, lakes, ect, responsibily.

Marv
08-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Not saying it would solve everything. Most of the litter I see is worm containers, cut bait packages, and fishing line. I do see diapers, car battery (which you can sell for $10-$20), propane tanks, dead carp, and a butt load of other crap.

We're never gonna end littering, period. What I would like to see though is the fishing industry take a VERY SERIOUS look at making more of the disposable products related to fishing become more biodegradable as I said earlier. I have seen where some companies are working on monofilament line that degrade after 5-10 years. That is a lot better than 1,000 years.

The reason behind this other than a cleaner planet, is to cut down on the fishing trash. People who aren't fisherman who see the fishing trash think WE'RE ALL PIGS and that is probably the only thing I don't like about fishing. Us good ones who clean up after the messy ones even the good ones that just pick up after themselves, to a delta farmer were all litter bugs.

We really should put together a litter crew and hit a filthy spot once a month or something. I'd gladly give a day of fishing up for a day to help. Won't change the world but it will help.

seeinred
08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Not saying it would solve everything. Most of the litter is see is worm containers, cut bait packages, and fishing line. I do see diapers, car battery (which you can sell for $10-$20), propane tanks, dead carp, and a butt load of other crap.

Were never gonna end littering, period. What I would like to see though is the fishing industry take VERY SERIOUS look at making more of the disposable products related to fishing become more biodegradable as I said earlier. I have seen where some companies are working on monofilament line that degrade after 5-10 years. That is a lot better than 1,000 years.

The reason behind this other than a cleaner planet, is to cut down on the fishing trash. People who aren't fisherman who see the fishing trash think WE'RE ALL PIGS and that is probably the only thing I don't like about fishing. Us good ones who clean up after the messy ones even the good ones that just pick up after themselves, to a delta farmer were all litter bugs.

We really should put together a litter crew and hit a filthy spots once a month or something. I'd gladly give a day of fishing up for a day to help. Won't change the world but it will help.

I'm totally with you on all you said. I just think it's the folks that don't care will continue to not care.

It wont change until the people who do it get directly effected.

I pick up trash when I fish. I fish the same spots daily/weekly. The trash gets left as fast as its picked up. The amount of crap on the river banks has reached an all time high. Its filthy to the point where I DON'T want to bring my kids to certain areas for fear of what may be found or seen ie: drug needles, human feces, and other items.

I cant blame the bait companies for the people that litter. Then we should blame wrigely for all the gum that gets stuck to our shoes.

I agree with the biodegradable containers that's a great start. I'm just saying we'll be picking up containers if folks continue to be careless with their trash regardless.

I do believe there has been a sniffer clean up day if I'm not mistaken....

Teldor
08-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I do believe there has been a sniffer clean up day if I'm not mistaken....

There have been a couple in the past. I know we talked about doing more of them as well, I think it mostly needs someone who will remember to set up times / places and announce them to keep them going. People have been willing to attend / help out in the past.

Reel Fun
08-22-2013, 07:13 AM

~RNP I know a family of five......FIVE.....that the father works at a concrete/rental yard ($15hr) and the mom gets money from the state because she has diabetes and claims that stops her from working but goes water/snow skiing every year? The daughter gets money from the state because she has autism and the dad works every day then when he gets home he gets paid by the state to "watch" his daughter.....HIS DAUGHTER!! Since the money the dad gets from the state is not claimable his reg job is his only claimable income and with 3 kids he gats back mare in taxes than he pays in every year.....Well that family lives in a 3800 ft 2 story 5 year old home that they bought a few years ago. The mom drives a 2012 Tahoe 4X4 and the dad drives a 2011 Chevy Traverse 4X4. They have 50 in Plasma TV's in every room (4 bedroom) they have ever video game made..playstation & PS3 with all the guitar hero drums,microphones & Guitars for the kids. Since the dad only claims about 20K a year they get assistance (food stamp atm card) and they take a vacation every year while the state pays for a babysitter for the handicapped girl!! These are all facts!! All the while state workers were on furloughs for years to help pay for people like these!!! RF

Reel Fun
08-22-2013, 07:26 AM
So the mom gets like $1500 month for her non existent disability......the daughter gets about $800-1000 monthly from SS for her disability....and the dad gets $2000-2500 a month from the state for "watching" his daughter (in home health care) and they get state food assistance as well.....The mom likes to ride jetskis on the weekends.....but cant work? And you can guess who pays for their heath care......RF

Mr. Hotsauce
08-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I can't say its all due to bad parenting. I was taught well by my parents growing up and picked up after all my mess but what I think is those people who litter sometimes dont REALIZE and CARE much of what's being done by leaving all those trash. I'll be honest, in my younger days when I first started fishing I left things behind. It wasnt until I started going to places to fish and find spots where it was trashed or places where I love going to being trashed that I realized I shouldn't being doing the same. I know, I should've done so from the start but being a kid I wasnt thinking and didnt care less. I would see my buddies leave things behind and I would pick it and lesson them on picking up afterwards and it's taking its effect as they're doing the same as well. I made them realize the situation and now they feel the need to care as well. Sometimes just teaching or telling someone can help alot down the road and in hopes the word spreads. I've told strangers about their mess and that game wardens come by pretty often and if they dont want a ticket, they probably should pick up the mess and it's worked. The ones I hate most is the ones that realize what's going on and know what they're doing is wrong but just dont give S**T.

Kos2sok
08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
So the mom gets like $1500 month for her non existent disability......the daughter gets about $800-1000 monthly from SS for her disability....and the dad gets $2000-2500 a month from the state for "watching" his daughter (in home health care) and they get state food assistance as well.....The mom likes to ride jetskis on the weekends.....but cant work? And you can guess who pays for their heath care......RF

This is more common then you might think. I have met a ton of people though my job where they are pulling in 3k plus a month in government services money, living in 4 bed room section 8 houses with a few hundred$ rent per month to two bed room apts with subsidized living for less then 100 per month. Three generations of gov funded slackers driveing excursions n brand new caddies. Free college, free child care, free or paid elderly care/in home health care. These people are well versed in how the system works. Most if not all of them are capable of working. Trick is to get a doc to sign off on a disability. Get big $$$ from gov services, get your 420 card for a little side cash, have 0 sense of self worth or pride never work for anything n sign up for free obama care...boom...then you can fish all day every day with no worries in life.....non of this is BS.

worst day of fishin is better then the best day of workin ;p

CRABBY
08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
So many here fall into this group it is sad!!!:lipsrsealed:

Reel Fun
08-22-2013, 04:20 PM
I hate litter bugs!!!

I may catch some heated comments for this next statement: I would be just fine if they outlawed all bait and made it artificial barbless everywhere in Cali. Shhhhh...or that law will get passed and you & I will be the ones paying $8 a lb for sardines to fund the program so all the people who have nothing to do...and all day to do it will not have to worry about leaving the trash they were gonna leave anyway????? And if you think that might work......then you better get to thinking of ways to make beer bottles,dirty diapers,burger king bags,drug baggies,mattresses,tires and everything else these POS leave behind biodegradable!!! RF

Reel Fun
08-22-2013, 04:38 PM
This is more common then you might think. I have met a ton of people though my job where they are pulling in 3k plus a month in government services money, living in 4 bed room section 8 houses with a few hundred$ rent per month to two bed room apts with subsidized living for less then 100 per month. Three generations of gov funded slackers driveing excursions n brand new caddies. Free college, free child care, free or paid elderly care/in home health care. These people are well versed in how the system works. Most if not all of them are capable of working. Trick is to get a doc to sign off on a disability. Get big $$$ from gov services, get your 420 card for a little side cash, have 0 sense of self worth or pride never work for anything n sign up for free obama care...boom...then you can fish all day every day with no worries in life.....non of this is BS.

worst day of fishin is better then the best day of workin ;p The reason I bring this up is because these are the problem people!! They think the city or county will pay someone to clean it up!! It is a way of thinking or not thinking really. They are not a do it yourself type of people....they are do it for me type of people. The bad thing is they will spend their time trying to figure out a way to beat the system rather than spend that time to get a job? Its has been a problem for a long time and its only getting worse every year because these POS breed and raise others just like themselves. Every time you turn around they are getting some kinda cost of living raise????? Really!! A cost of living raise?? Common sense needs to be applied here! If you get SS for a disability you are already getting paid to be home.....why would you get in home services and get paid by the hr to watch your own kid on top of that? That's called double dipping!! I am tired of this crap!! I am calling the capitol to see if I can get a congressman to agree!!! RF

Jfitalia
08-22-2013, 04:41 PM

worst day of fishin is better then the best day of workin ;p

Isn't this what people call the American dream? LOL

anbu_yoshi
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
You folks need to watch the beginning of The Newsroom Episode 1:

Warning: Explicit Language, but oh so worth it. It's truth. This show is awesome and is based on the time frame of real events.

"America is NOT the greatest country in the world"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJWKccHQFOA

EDIT: My my this thread has derailed, but just like all campfire threads, they usually do and are so, so worth it. :)

Marv
08-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah I thought this was a fishing fourm, not a political discussion???

I don't wanna here grown men being cry babies, if you don't like America, then leave. Quit acting like the $4 a month they take out of your pay hurts you. If you can't afford that maybe you need an E.B.T. lol..

I have no problem giving the $24.00 a year they take out of my check that goes to Welfare. Some people really need the help.

YOUR A MAJOR GOOF IF YOU THINK ONLY POOR PEOPLE LITTER, NEW FLASH..... EVERYONE DOES IT.

seeinred
08-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah I thought this was a fishing fourm, not a political discussion???

I don't wanna here grown men being cry babies, if you don't like America, then leave. Quit acting like the $4 a month they take out of your pay hurts you. If you can't afford that maybe you need an E.B.T. lol..

I have no problem giving the $24.00 a year they take out of my check that goes to Welfare. Some people really need the help.

YOUR A MAJOR TARD IF YOU THINK ONLY POOR PEOPLE LITTER, NEW FLASH..... EVERYONE DOES IT.

funny how fast threads snowball on this site.

fishingfrieda
08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Take a deep breath and slowly step......away......from the key board.:signs525gx:

fishingfrieda
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
And Chris, put down the popcorn. :snacker: