PDA

View Full Version : Thief lookout arond Sac

tennesseemike
08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
This happened around Sand Cove Park...near Discovery Park. Around 11 am another fisherman asked what kind of car I had. I told him what does that matter...then he said a guy is trying to break into a Ford Explorer. I walked back to the parking lot and saw a guy with a dog (matching the description) White male, thin, brown or dirty blond hair in his late 20s or early 30s with a brown dog speeding outta the parking lot. The car is a 90s blueish-green Honda accord 4 door. Please keep an eye out for him. Turns out after speaking to the owner of the explorer...she saw him yanking on the door handles, but didn't get in or break any glass.

CRABBY
08-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Sounds like your typical tweaker!!Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salmonid
08-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing, CRABBY!

Skinny white dude with a dog looking into rigs makes me look twice! Wondering what kind of dog though?

Best,

Sounds like your typical tweaker!!Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trout Tracker
08-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Thiers a few places that i want or like
to fish around the Sacramento area.
But i don't cause i don't want to get back
to my truck and find that it has been
broken in to.Just don't need it.
Plus being a auto glass installer
i don't want to have to replace
my own windows.
I replace plenty thru out the week
because of the low lifes who break
into cars.
TT

WHT.RUS
08-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Damn. Guess now I have garage my car for few weeks...

Jk!

What kind of dog? I swear I seen an old accord with a white guy and a dog at yolo county sitting in the parking lot just watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jfitalia
08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Damn. Guess now I have garage my car for few weeks...

Jk!

What kind of dog? I swear I seen an old accord with a white guy and a dog at yolo county sitting in the parking lot just watching.

Probably a pittbull just for the scare factor.

FresnoJack
08-09-2013, 08:08 AM
What is the license number of the vehicle?

This happened around Sand Cove Park...near Discovery Park. Around 11 am another fisherman asked what kind of car I had. I told him what does that matter...then he said a guy is trying to break into a Ford Explorer. I walked back to the parking lot and saw a guy with a dog (matching the description) White male, thin, brown or dirty blond hair in his late 20s or early 30s with a brown dog speeding outta the parking lot. The car is a 90s blueish-green Honda accord 4 door. Please keep an eye out for him. Turns out after speaking to the owner of the explorer...she saw him yanking on the door handles, but didn't get in or break any glass.

Katfish
08-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Probably a pittbull just for the scare factor.

I knew someone was gunna go there. C'mon J!!

I'm a skinny white dude in his twenties with a pitbull... Does this make me appear to be a tweaker and a thief?????

hitide
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM

I'm a skinny white dude in his twenties with a pitbull... Does this make me appear to be a tweaker and a thief?????

Hey Katfish, we all look like something we aren't, so hang in there. I'm sure you know what they are talking about.

49erbassman
08-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Lol Pits get a bad wrap daily!!

I laugh at stereo types daily. I get called a gang banger all the time because the way I dress. I love the look on their face when they find out I'm a mortgage loan underwriter for the largest bank and make more money then them!! Don't ever take it personal Russ.....especially from J hahahaha

Fish on!

49erbassman
08-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Lets not make this a dog debate because it could really get heated ;) we raise and breed dogs they don't do it themselves

Fish on!

49erbassman
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Be nice now;)

Fish on!

CRABBY
08-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2Kind of funny but most tweakers,homeless type people I've met have really sweet dogs,pit bulls or whatever!!!A dog is usually a reflection of the luv givin by the owner,their status in society or method of living,rich or poor the dog doesn't care,it's the owner!!!In MHO ya wanna judge a dog's behavior look an judge the owner first......:yoda23uk:

Katfish
08-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Kind of funny but most tweakers,homeless type people I've met have really sweet dogs,pit bulls or whatever!!!A dog is usually a reflection of the luv givin by the owner,their status in society or method of living,rich or poor the dog doesn't care,it's the owner!!!In MHO ya wanna judge a dog's behavior look an judge the owner first......:yoda23uk:

Well said crabby very well said. The dogs are reflections of their owners much the same way a child is a reflection on how they were raised. There of course is always exceptions an some dogs/ people are just bad eggs.

Judging a whole species because of what happened to you with an individual dog is just as drinking buddy put it.... Very telling :)

Katfish
08-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Be nice now;)

Fish on!

My bad rob ;) thanks for fixing that for me :)

drinkinbuddy
08-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Kind of funny but most tweakers,homeless type people I've met have really sweet dogs,pit bulls or whatever!!!A dog is usually a reflection of the luv givin by the owner,their status in society or method of living,rich or poor the dog doesn't care,it's the owner!!!In MHO ya wanna judge a dog's behavior look an judge the owner first......:yoda23uk:

Thank you Don for stating that. I have had the breed for over 18 years, competed in conformation for 11 years and have a national #1 top female in the US in 2007 in the AKC. I have literally been around thousands of pits in my day and what was said was a cheap shot. Nothing is perfect in this world but I trust my dogs more than most folks. Much more stable, trust worthy and forgiving than people any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Lets drop the fear mongering and get back on topic folks.

Drinkinbuddy

49erbassman
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Thank you Don for stating that. I have had the breed for over 18 years, competed in conformation for 11 years and have a national #1 top female in the US in 2007 in the AKC. I have literally been around thousands of pits in my day and what was said was a cheap shot. Nothing is perfect in this world but I trust my dogs more than most folks. Much more stable, trust worthy and forgiving than people any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Lets drop the fear mongering and get back on topic folks.

Drinkinbuddy

What breed/bloodline do you have?

It's a shame such an awesome dog gets a bad name from the idiots that inbreed and fight them! I had to put my two girls down 3-4 years ago and still miss em. Couldnt have asked for better protection for my wifeThey were little girls Heinz Colby breed

Fish on!

Katfish
08-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah DB I am curious to bloodline as well

My little baybee dog is a bluenose and has some very distant blue-ghaddi roots in her bloodlines. She's a small girl and never grew as big as her siblings even though she's almost three lol

I've been looking for a good dog to breed her with before she gets spayed. I want to get one of her pups before she gets fixed so I can pass on her excellent traits to my next :)

PapaGreg
08-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Just got home earlier today from a trip to Nevada to pick-up our new pup, a "BULLY-DOG" rottweiller!
The wife has bred these dogs for 25 years and I can tell you one thing that has been said here; the dog is like a child, it depends on how it is raised. Having said that, I can tell you the rotts we have owned our 60-70 pound lap dogs!!!!!!!! They have been raised with cats, other dogs and farm animals and have NEVER been out of line.

As far as pits go, I have the same opinion of them, it's how they are raised.

BTW, the pup came from a breeder in Alabama and has more paper-work than buying a house or car! I can definitely see why lawyers make the money they do!!!!!! The damn contract for her is 13 pages long, I better have a good lawyer!

Rugby Lock
08-09-2013, 05:47 PM

YES IT DOES!! I bet you have beady little eyes and pasty white skin! Prototypical tweaker!! :)

drinkinbuddy
08-09-2013, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=49erbassman;946897]What breed/bloodline do you have?

It's a shame such an awesome dog gets a bad name from the idiots that inbreed and fight them! I had to put my two girls down 3-4 years ago and still miss em. Couldnt have asked for better protection for my wifeThey were little girls Heinz Colby breed

Fish on![/QUOTE

i still have two, female is out of a Ruffian/Whiterock line (Bear Mountain and Gaff) and my male is a Whiterock and Woods line (Gaff and Sierra). I would have to look up the pedigree's to confirm that but that's what the old memory bank says. I have a deep passion for this breed and dogs in general. Got tired of the dog show crowd, took my girl and quit in 2007.

Jfitalia
08-09-2013, 06:48 PM

I wasn't trying to stereotype. I was referring to the fact that some people will take Pitts out in public because they scare people. Most won't go near someone who is walking one. I for one have no issue with them. I've owned 1 myself and used to volunteer for a pittbull rescue center.

drinkinbuddy
08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Just got home earlier today from a trip to Nevada to pick-up our new pup, a "BULLY-DOG" rottweiller!
The wife has bred these dogs for 25 years and I can tell you one thing that has been said here; the dog is like a child, it depends on how it is raised. Having said that, I can tell you the rotts we have owned our 60-70 pound lap dogs!!!!!!!! They have been raised with cats, other dogs and farm animals and have NEVER been out of line.

As far as pits go, I have the same opinion of them, it's how they are raised.

BTW, the pup came from a breeder in Alabama and has more paper-work than buying a house or car! I can definitely see why lawyers make the money they do!!!!!! The damn contract for her is 13 pages long, I better have a good lawyer!

i only bred once in the eleven years I was involved and I had a 12 page contract to protect the blood lines and my pups. I even had a clause in the contract that stated if you did not stay in touch through e mail and pics I could hire a crew to extract the dog if I thought it was in trouble and they would be liable for the costs. My wife and I spent many hours on the phone screening people to make sure the dog would be part of the family. Made a lot of friends from the process and I could sleep at night knowing that they would be loved. I am a certified dog nut and proud. I now spend my days with my babies,camping and days out on the water when ever I can, good times...

Drinkinbuddy

Duffel bag
08-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Ok, Back to the Tweaker and his dog.

Say the Tweaker and his dog are both drowning in the river and you can only save one of them. What to do?

GNappers
08-09-2013, 10:18 PM
No time to save either one. I have a fish on.

Jfitalia
08-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok guys no more dog talk. I cleaned up the thread so let's get back tweakers stealing stuff.

GNappers
08-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Ok, Back to the Tweaker and his dog.

Say the Tweaker and his dog are both drowning in the river and you can only save one of them. What to do?
Pretty funny. On another note I was thinking the other day don't most of you guys know each other and fish together. This might be far out but what if one of you has to work early one day you drop off your buddies on the river then pick them up during your lunch break or at the end of the day. Then you rotate to the next guy when he is working. Another idea is to meet at 1 person's house then he/she can drive you to the river and drop you off, then go home and wait for your call or have a spouse drop you all off. If your car ain't there, then they can't brake into it on the river.